PDA

View Full Version : 5 star shine

odonnellb
08-15-2006, 11:54 PM
http://www.5starshine.com/ it says it still beads after 150 washes, but its 70 bucks for enough for one car. Seems pretty pricey has anyone tried it or heard about it?

imported_GregCavi
08-15-2006, 11:56 PM
IMHO they lost ALL credibility when I clicked on there website and saw:

"Lasts 5 years, Gaurenteed."

Seems like the usual dealership scam product to me.

Greg

odonnellb
08-15-2006, 11:59 PM
your probably right, something seems a little fishy

G- Twenty
08-16-2006, 12:21 AM
To good to be ture.

odonnellb
08-16-2006, 12:28 AM
the website also has 303 protectant and claymagic so they kinda seem to know what their talking about? i need to talk to someone that has used it

velobard
08-16-2006, 07:09 AM
You really want to believe their claim, don`t you?

Oh well. :rolleyes:

Eliot Ness
08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
If you do a search you`ll find some reviews, here is one:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35009

Like Greg I get turned off with the "Lasts 5 years, Gaurenteed" claim. Think about it for a minute, there are a ton of products reviewed on this forum, and if this stuff was any good don`t you think there would be more people using it? Just my 2 cents....

TigerMike
08-16-2006, 08:29 AM
NuFinish also claims to last 1 year, and bead through multiple washes, yet, the last time I used it, it lasted less than a month. Others report similar findings. Point being, the 5star product is a ripoff and reeks of marketing mumbo jumbo. If the product did what it claims, it would be more popular than Zaino, Collinite, or any other product on this forum.

Think of 5star as an infomercial for car waxes.

porta
08-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I have been using PPS(5 star shine) and I says it last longer then Klasse SG, Zaino Z2 and etc. It will NOT last 5years but easily over 8months. This is the best sealant I have in my arsenal at the moment.

My arsenal:

Klasse AIO+SG

Menzerna FMJ

Zaino Z2

Cyclo CTI sealant

Chemicals guys M-seal

Dulon I & II

MG 21

In durability, non of them is even close.

just my 2 cents.

EDIT:

One kit(2oz+2oz) will be enough for 2-3 cars. Use very little! With my last kit I did 1 volvo C70 cab, 1 Hyundai Santa Fee and ½ Volvo V70.

TigerMike
08-16-2006, 09:29 AM
I have been using PPS(5 star shine) and I says it last longer then Klasse SG, Zaino Z2 and etc. It will NOT last 5years but easily over 8months.

Curious about your process and conclusion about how it lasted 8 months? How many coats did you apply for it to last that long? Did you apply anything else to the car during that period, i.e. other waxes, QDs, etc? Or, did you apply 1 coat and let it sit for 8+ months without touching it?

porta
08-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Okey here we go

1. Wash

2. Clay

3. Wash

4. Menzerna PO91L

5. Menzerna PO85RD

6. Step 1, rinse it off and dry the car

7. Apply step 2, let it dry(20-30min) and buff off

8. Let the paint cure inside the garage over the night

I have this on my parents car and my father in laws car, I only wash them and no QD. This sealant will sheets for months and it´s very slick and shiny.

All this with 1 coat of sealant. BUT it´s very expensive and I don´t use it on all cars, just them who pays the extra $.

For other cars I use Cyclo CTI sealant wich is one of the better sealants I ever had tried, much better durability then FMJ and Z2. I have made some tests and CTI lasted much longer then Z2 and FMJ. But I only used 1 coat of each and NO QD.

Like this:

PO85RD+FMJ

PO85RD+Z2

PO85RD+CTI