PDA

View Full Version : optimum beading look?

rusty
08-14-2006, 08:04 PM
love this site guys, can you tell me or show me what you would call the optimum beading result. Is it small beads, large beads, groups ect ect, thanks.

rusty

imported_SHICKS
08-14-2006, 08:22 PM
love this site guys, can you tell me or show me what you would call the optimum beading result. Is it small beads, large beads, groups ect ect, thanks.

rusty

It really depends on the LSP. Some sheet, some bead small or large. What are you looking for?

DrSauekraut
08-14-2006, 08:52 PM
I’ll be the first to admit that I love to watch my car bead water in the rain. I especially like the tight, little beads that race from the hood and glass :spot

I don’t think you can categorize any size or form of water bead as being optimum. After all, a new, perfectly fresh, and unprotected finish, will bead water like none other.

imported_smprince1
08-14-2006, 09:08 PM

rusty

For me, optimum is small, tight, uniform beads.

rusty
08-14-2006, 09:36 PM
what am i looking for? i guess what form good beading looks like when lying on a flat surface after rain is big better small better

Setec Astronomy
08-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Smaller, taller, is better.

Evenflow
08-15-2006, 02:11 AM
In my experiences, Optimum does give a nice tight bead. Sorry no pictures, but I love the way it beads.

imported_mirrorfinishman
08-15-2006, 07:58 AM
can you tell me or show me what you would call the optimum beading result.

For large beads use your favorite carnauba wax applied over a polymer sealant.