PDA

View Full Version : Bodyshop strikes again

RAG
08-14-2006, 06:13 PM
I guess I shouldn`t dislike bodyshops so much...afterall, they do inadvertantly send me a lot of work :o

This time the buffer swirls weren`t "too" bad, but they sure scratched the piss out of it when they washed it; and it was 90% swirl-free before they got their hands on it...I know becuase I had previous buffed it out and subsequently washed it a couple times. Twas a deep blue 1990 or 1991 SL 500 coupe. Some of the scratches were so deep that I had to compound with a wool pad and HTEC to remove them - I seriously think the wash mitt had been left out next to where somebody had been grinding or something. These guys are clueless.

awahl63
08-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Geeze Rag you have such bad experiences with body shops around you...Just gives you more work I guess

RAG
08-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Yeah. Their wash job turned a $150 exterior detail into a $300 gig. And my client only had the top hlaf of a door repainted.

awahl63
08-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah. Their wash job turned a $150 exterior detail into a $300 gig. And my client only had the top hlaf of a door repainted.

Lol...you need to have a friend open up a reputable body shop around your area...

RAG
08-14-2006, 06:58 PM
I`m looking into doing it. Seriously. There`s a local progam designed to teach you how to do paint and body work, but it`s 900 hours long. We`ll see. One thing is for sure, I`d upsell people on getting the rest of their car detailed - whenever I`m in a body shop, I always see cars with one beautiful repainted panel and the rest of the car is dull.

BradUF
08-15-2006, 03:20 AM
A body shop ficed a scratch on my bumper and buffed the entire car until it felt like a wooden bench and left swirls all over.