PDA

View Full Version : Magic Eraser.....?

Saleenman607
08-13-2006, 08:05 PM
I found a pack of 4 for $3.95 at the local OSH. and purchased. I vaguely remember someone on these boards recommending it for certain types of trim. I have a Mini Cooper and was hoping it would take off some polish grey marks (very light)

Would like feedback before I try......Thanks

Envious Eric
08-13-2006, 08:14 PM
FYI the dollar stores sell it for obviously $1 and its a two pack, so its $2 for four erasers....and they seem to hold up better than the mr clean ones IMO

Saleenman607
08-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Thank you, but.......does it work

buzzb
08-13-2006, 08:34 PM
I have found the Magic Eraser to work incredibly well on removing old wax/polish residue from trim. It also works well on removing scuff marks from interior trim and leather. Just wet with water, squeeze out the excess, and lightly rub to remove the residue. It`s also one of the most economical products in my arsenal of detailing products. As with anything- don`t rub too hard (don`t be overly aggressive) and test on a small spot first. Hope this helps!

Saleenman607
08-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks Buzzb. I wet one of them and wiped down my bathroom door and it seemed to work well. I could`nt find the ingredients on the box so, I was a bit uncertain to use on the black trim of the Mini. I will try light pressure on the trim tommorrow and let you know.

Anyone else used it.....??

buzzb
08-13-2006, 08:52 PM
You`re welcome! Let us know how it turns out. Klasse AIO works pretty good also and is what I reach for first but I`ve found the Magic Eraser could remove residue that AIO, APC, and even Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner couldn`t! It does a good job removing wall scuffmarks indoors too.

Stickman81
08-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser was used on the interior of my Vette.

I helped a little and was amazed how easily the marks and dirty came off.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68643

MCME was also used on the interior of this Volvo.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72053&highlight=volvo

I don`t know why all the pictures are not showing up. :nixweiss

I have not yet added MCME to my stash-o-stuff.

HTH.

Saleenman607
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Thank you all......I will use tommorrow after Golf...and post results.......Regards, Jack :chuckle:

Capt. Paintball
08-13-2006, 10:39 PM
BE CAREFUL with the magic eraser on the interior... many interior panels AND leather seats are PAINTED, and the magic eraser will remove, or greatly reduce the paint. It is perfectly fine for rubber or non-painted plastic obviously.