PDA

View Full Version : Adams Products?

BlackPT
08-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Are Adams products any good? There is a distributor here in town and thought I might pick some up to try out.

Thanks,

BlackPT

ZaneO
08-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Adam`s VRT and Adam`s Detail Spray are really nice. The Butter Wax is mediocre, IMO, and I don`t care for the Brilliant Spray Glaze at all.

awahl63
08-13-2006, 05:36 PM
I like the VRT

Pats300zx
08-13-2006, 07:08 PM
I like the Detail Spray. Its very good.

imported_Totoland Mach
08-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Adams has IMO

Excellent Car Wash

Excellent Detail Spray

Excellent Glass Cleaner (I have a pre-production sample bottle that works great)

Very Good Brilliant Spray Glaze (great for show cars..but heavy petroleum smell)

Very Good VRT

So-So Butter Wax

So-So Swirl Remover

I`d recommend the "Excellent" products to start and evaluate on your own.

Totoland Mach

TGates
08-13-2006, 08:16 PM
I agree with the others. The detail spray is one of my very favorites, and the VRT is excellent on rubber/plastic trim and under the hood. The car wash is nice, too. I haven`t tried the wax or swirl removers.

hd-nut
08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
I like the

DS

VRT

Brill Spry glaz on chrome rims

imported_Totoland Mach
08-14-2006, 06:17 AM
Are Adams products any good? There is a distributor here in town and thought I might pick some up to try out.

Thanks,

BlackPT

Hey BlackPT: who is the distributor here in the KC area? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Toto

BlackPT
08-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Hi Totoland Mach,

According to Adam`s web site and their list of dealers, Wagner`s Classic Cars in Bonner Springs carries their line. I emailed them to see if they still carry and if they do, what they carry.

Jim

BlackPT
08-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Toto -

Received an email back from the Classic car place in Bonnor Springs. The guy said they use their products yet do not stock them to sell. He suggested I order from their web site. Seems strange as they are listed as a "Dealer" on Adams web site yet don`t carry their product. Maybe outdated information.

BlackPT

imported_DARKSTI
08-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I really like the Detail Spray, easy to use and looks great. I just used the swirl remover and really liked it. I used it with a polishing pad and it got out light-moderate hazing and swirls. The glaze is great also. Just a little hard to remove if you use to much. I really like the car soap also. The towels are pretty good too :)

Mr. Clean
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Add another fan of the Adam`s Detail Spray product. My favorite of a dozen or so that I keep around. I recommend this product without reservation.

Brilliant Spray Glaze is something of a puzzle for me. It is easy to use (application and removal), never experienced any of the difficulties I`ve read about. I`ve just not experienced any notable visual enhancement, granted I only seem to reach for it when working with vehicles already in excellent condition.

Those are the only two Adam`s products I`ve tested.

TGates
08-14-2006, 02:54 PM
I will say that I did not care for the MF`s. After one wash, they came out with crooked edges making them impossible to fold neatly.

Nobuff2tuff
08-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Never thought much of the Adams line.

The DS is like one of CG`s

His Swirl Remover pretty much sucks.....dusty

Butter Wax is nothing to write home about.

Shampoo, way behind the curve imo, when you can get some really neat stuff from Fk1usa, EZ Pearls, CG has several shampoos that are very nice.

I do like his tire sponges though.

RCBuddha
08-15-2006, 01:20 AM
My thoughts:

Car Wash Soap- good suds, good lubricity, works great in the foam gun for me.

Detail Spray - good cleaning ability, nice look, although the smell can be overwhelming

Glass Cleaner - good cleaning ability, no real streaks issues.

Carpet Cleaner - works well on cloth seats and carpet

Brilliant Spray Glaze - I really like it on already polished and cleaned chrome. I feel it adds a little pop to the surface.

Swirl Remover - average to light in cut, even when mixed with revive glaze.

Revive Glaze - easy to use, made the surface quite nice

Butter Wax - easy to use, looks ok, but NO durability for me.

In-N-Out Spray - great for hard to reach places, doesn`t last long, and Meguiars has a similar product avaialable OTC.

VRT Dressing - Don`t know if the formula changed post-VOC, but the gallon I have leaves a nice "dressed" look w/o the greasy feeling (assuming you let it dry).