PDA

View Full Version : Air Fresheners ok?

RLiu818
08-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Are air fresheners ok for the interior of the car? Will the evaporated fumes do any long term damage to the interior upholstery?

What types of Air conditioners are least harmful? Thanks

imported_paradigm
08-13-2006, 02:21 PM
do you have leather or cloth seats? if leather...i`d recommend a nice leather conditioner that will make your car smell NEW for as long as you own it, rather than air fresheners.

(and to answer your question, no i do not believe air fresheners should harm anything, unless you are using canned sprays and getting it all over the plastic/vinyl/windows.) :)

RLiu818
08-13-2006, 02:48 PM
do you have leather or cloth seats? if leather...i`d recommend a nice leather conditioner that will make your car smell NEW for as long as you own it, rather than air fresheners.

(and to answer your question, no i do not believe air fresheners should harm anything, unless you are using canned sprays and getting it all over the plastic/vinyl/windows.) :)

I have leather seats.

Wasatch
08-13-2006, 03:33 PM
I use the California Air Freshners, very nice.

abbeysdad
08-13-2006, 06:10 PM
After I detail lately, I`ve been spraying a shot of Fabreeze lightly on fabric seats and/or carpet mats.

Seems to leave a nice fresh scent.

deadlock32
08-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Well you just gave me a great idea (im sure most of you already thought about)

CUSTOM AIR FRESHENERS... I would post a link but there are hundreds of places to chose from. It would be great as a final touch to give them one of their choice.

Remember just make a few small scores in air freshener bags because the sent wont be overwelming and last a lot longer.

LastDetail
08-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Personally I like to have my interior very clean, but I don`t like a whole lot of conflicting odors of different products. The products I choose for interior factor heavily on the smell.

After I get it clean I get a new Air Spencer (squash scented) it is subtle enough that its not overpowering and relatively pleasant.

odonnellb
08-14-2006, 12:23 AM
What i do with air fresheners is i spray them in a place where i dont care if it effects anything (under the seat) it makes the car smell great (i use any auto air freshener). I would never spray it right on leather or a dashboard.