PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Hyper Compound

Pages : [1] 2

lamyun
08-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone, just got a quick question.

Just tested out some Optimum Compound with an orange LC light cutting pad (on a PC)

It has removed 90% of the swirls on my gf`s red integra.

Just wondering if the Hyper Compound would be strong enough to remove the remaining swirls / scratches. How does the Hyper Compound compare to #83?

Thanks!

Thomas Dekany
08-13-2006, 12:09 AM
do try ohc. much more agressive than oc. 83 & ohc are about the same, but others may disagree with me. both are excellent polishes. ohc is the ideal polish. doesn`t dust, sun friendly, and finishes off like op.

SVR
08-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Got all of the swirls out of an WRX sti (black) last week

Some menz RD and clearkote and it`s a million bucks

Used edge yellow and sonus DAS orange.

Wonderful product

D3mon
08-13-2006, 06:52 AM
One tip with OHC: Be careful not to use too much product. Watch for the pad clogging up after a couple of panels, as it will virtually nullify the effect of the polish. Once the pad is loaded (after the first run) then you`ll only need three or four pea-sized drops each time to keep going.

Bigpoppa3346
08-13-2006, 08:12 AM
I just used Optimum Hyper and I love it! Removed moderate-heavy swirls on a Black Yukon Denali I just did on a Yellow LC pad(via PC). Don`t use too much, or else it will have little effect. No dusting, which I think is a huge timesaver, and a nearly endless work in time. Compared to Menzerna, it was hard to remove, IMO. Follow it up with FPII or OP for a beautiful, flawless finish.

imported_COBRyan
08-13-2006, 11:09 AM
do try ohc. much more agressive than oc. 83 & ohc are about the same, but others may disagree with me. both are excellent polishes. ohc is the ideal polish. doesn`t dust, sun friendly, and finishes off like op.

Really? I figured OC would be more like 83. I have never used the Optimum Compounds, but always thought OHC would be much more aggressive than 83. I`m having trouble getting all of the swirls and oxidation out on a black Integra with #83. I was going to order OHC but might look into something else now.

Bigpoppa3346
08-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Really? I figured OC would be more like 83. I have never used the Optimum Compounds, but always though OHC would be much more aggressive than 83. I`m having trouble getting all of the swirls and oxidation out on a black Integra with #83. I was going to order OHC but might look into something else now.

I`d say get the OHC. I think it`s about as agressive as you can get with the PC, and with relatively soft Honda paint, it should take care of the swirls with ease. It is my new go-to compound on badly swirled paint, and is very refined, with little/no dust and an infinite work in time. Use a cutting pad and it will be very effective.

Thomas Dekany
08-13-2006, 11:41 AM
search - there are black mustangs here in click & brag that - see what people have used to make them swirl free. Are you using a pc? On a rotary, with a yellow cutting pad ohc is very powerful.

lamyun
08-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info guys. My pad actually clogged up real quick just using the optimum compound. Now I know I was using waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much product. I had to go wash out the pad because it was completely unusable! Please pardon my noobness as I have just started out. So the correct way to "prime" the pad is with a big X across it, then after that, 3-4 pea sized dots?

I`ll go purchase the OHC and try that out. This time using a lot less product.

Thomas Dekany
08-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the info guys. My pad actually clogged up real quick just using the optimum compound. Now I know I was using waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much product. I had to go wash out the pad because it was completely unusable! Please pardon my noobness as I have just started out. So the correct way to "prime" the pad is with a big X across it, then after that, 3-4 pea sized dots?

I`ll go purchase the OHC and try that out. This time using a lot less product.

No No No.....

Optimum polish comes in a 32oz bottle. That equals to 1 gallon of other polishes.

to prime the pad: put a quarter size dot on the panel. smear it around with the pad and run it on low speed to absorb the polish. aftet that you will only need

1 pea sized drop per panel.

Evenflow
08-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Im working on my 04 GT right now with OHC, so far so good. Left quite a bit of hazing though.

OHC + Orange LCpad

Thomas Dekany
08-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Im working on my 04 GT right now with OHC, so far so good. Left quite a bit of hazing though.

OHC + Orange LCpad

even with a yellow pad I`ve never experienced hazing - :think:

imported_paradigm
08-13-2006, 01:52 PM
for moderate to heavy SMR how long on average do you have to work the OCP / OHC with a PC? i`m guessing speed 5/6 required as well? (orange or yellow pads)

Evenflow
08-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Well that hazing isn`t TO bad I guess, but you can tell theres some there. Definetly need to go over it with OP and a white polishing pad.

Here are some pics mid detail I took for you quickly, before I run out there and finish this up for the next 5 hrs lol.

BEFORE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/pmdemas/Mustang%20Detail%203/BeforeHC.jpg

AFTER

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/pmdemas/Mustang%20Detail%203/AfterHC.jpg

Thomas Dekany
08-13-2006, 02:00 PM
not too bad. Make sure to post larger full car pictures! :D