PDA

View Full Version : Is a damp towel ok to for cleaning my leather seats?

RLiu818
08-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Is it ok to wipe down my leather seats with a damp towel, using plain tap water and a bath towel?

Will this harm the leather or do I need to use a special towel with some special solution?

FYI, this is coated black leather on my `06 honda accord.

III
08-11-2006, 07:43 PM
You`ll be fine. I myself do this for a lot liquid type spills like soda, juice, milk, etc.....

Obviously for heavier soiled type of stains or dirt that water alone can`t remove, use an all purpose cleaner that`s leather safe, and protect afterwards.

imported_paradigm
08-11-2006, 07:59 PM
should be fine...i would recommend a softer microfiber towel for ongoing cleaning though.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Its a perfect maintenance ritual.....Damp MF weekly for leather is sweet...........Once a month add a little 303 to the formula and your lookin good........

DETAILKING
08-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I agree with the above. Damp towel once a week over the interior is great. I would, however, condition the seats first though, and redo it every 2-3 months, otherwise you are going to deplete protection and conditioner from the leather every time u wipe with water.

salty
08-12-2006, 02:38 AM
Its a perfect maintenance ritual.....Damp MF weekly for leather is sweet...........Once a month add a little 303 to the formula and your lookin good........

:2thumbs:

Because the driver seat gets the most wear, give it a full strength 303 treatment. Every month. I also mix a little Z leather, for the smell.