PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Glass Concentrate VS. IG

Pages : [1] 2

Shaun Carollo
03-27-2005, 04:27 PM
I must say, after being a strictly IG user, I tried Meguiars Glass Cleaner yesterday, and I am BLOWN AWAY. This is absolutely the best glass cleaner out there, and at less that $1.70/gal, its cheap!

This stuff smells great, and when paired with a WW MF, this can tackle even the nastiest window smudges. I urge all you stoner users to try this stuff.

-Shaun

John Styrnol
03-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Is it an aersol or liquid?

Bill D
03-27-2005, 04:35 PM
IIRC it`s only available in gallons. It is on my list to try. In the meantime I`m trying Zep glass cleaner and plan to get some Sprayway to compare. In my brief usage of the Zep it appears to leave behind less streaks than I recall that IG did but I also find the actual foaming action of the can to be a bit too powerful at times. Just too much foam emitted than necessary especially on small side windows.

Shaun Carollo
03-27-2005, 04:40 PM
My windows are 100% streak free, something I could never get out of IG.

John: It is a concentrated liquid that you can dilute 10:1.

I was going to purchase one of those 5 gallon buckets of IG, but thats $44+shipping, and I hate using anything aeresol because it damages the ozone layer. I got 11 gallons for $17.

Boss_429
03-27-2005, 04:41 PM
I must say, after being a strictly IG user, I tried Meguiars Glass Cleaner yesterday, and I am BLOWN AWAY. This is absolutely the best glass cleaner out there, and at less that $1.70/gal, its cheap!

This stuff smells great, and when paired with a WW MF, this can tackle even the nastiest window smudges. I urge all you stoner users to try this stuff.

-Shaun
I would agree Shaun! At a dilution ratio of 10 to 1, you get 10 gallons of EXCELLENT glass cleaner. That will last most enthusiasts a lifetime! :lol For a professional detailer, it`s a big money saver.

FYI.......... for an over the counter glass cleaner, the new NXT Glass Cleaner is also extremely good! :bigups I now prefer both of them to Stoners IG or Sprayway and will switch over when my supply of the IG & Sprayway run out.

Mr. Clean
03-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Are you talking about the Glass Cleaner Concentrate from Meg`s Pro Line, D-12001 @ $18/gallon? I don`t know the recommended dilution ration.

Is everyone using the recommended 10:1 ratio, or something less or more than?

I currently use (foaming) Sprayway and Stoner`s IG. Eagle One 20/20 and Hope`s Perfect Glass (this one is new to me, but initial testing is very promising) for my dedicated glass cleaners. I also use PB`s S&W and Adam`s DS for exterior glass following a wash.

Saving $ and acheiving similar results is a good thing :)

GregCavi
03-27-2005, 06:45 PM
I use the Hi temp from www.topoftheline.com it is diluted 10 to 1. It works very well. And of course it goes a LONG way! When my glass concentrate runs out in 20 years I will try the megs line. Is that the same line as the hyper dressing?

Greg

Bill D
03-27-2005, 07:02 PM
That Hope`s is also on my list. Please keep us posted about that one.

Boss_429
03-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Are you talking about the Glass Cleaner Concentrate from Meg`s Pro Line, D-12001 @ $18/gallon? I don`t know the recommended dilution ration.

Is everyone using the recommended 10:1 ratio, or something less or more than?

That`s the stuff! :bigups I use the 10:1 ratio and it seems to work great.

Like you, if I happen to have S & W in my hands at the time......... I use it with excellent results.

Bill D
03-27-2005, 08:30 PM
I know what I`m going to be on the look out for when I visit the local paint supply shop :D

SpoiledMan
03-27-2005, 10:23 PM
I have this product and after using it once, I gave away my IG and some other glass cleaners that I had. 1 gallon of it makes 11 gallons and it seems to work just fine without messing around with the ratios. The price simply cant be beat.

scrub
03-27-2005, 10:32 PM
:yeah

Plus clients compliment the fragrance.

Woob
03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
You can actually get sample size in 16 oz @ autodetailingsolutions.com Picking up tons of the detailer`s line :D Even #21!

Boss_429
03-28-2005, 06:30 AM
You can actually get sample size in 16 oz @ autodetailingsolutions.com Picking up tons of the detailer`s line :D Even #21!
That would be a nice way to try the stuff. 16 ounces of the concentrate would make over a gallon of window cleaner! :bigups

Craigster
03-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Is it safe to use on windows with tint film?