PDA

View Full Version : So im getting my car back tomorrow after a repaint

ENVYMYZ
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
I have a `95 300ZX that has just been repainted. All of the trim was taken off prior to paint. My question is on the "gassing off" process. How long does this actually take and how exactly does it work? The owner of the shop told me not to wax the car for 3 months but my research tells me that 30 days is more than adequate. Also, what can I use on my wheels so as not to scratch up the aluminum polished lip? Thanx guys and be gentle, im a noob :)

Pb2theMax
08-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Are they using a heated paint booth? I don`t think that rule still applies to modern paints, but you might want to be safe than sorry. I have waxed vehicles just days after having paintwork done, and nothing bad ever happened. I usually clay and polish right away, to help fix any defects or remove overspray.

imported_GregCavi
08-11-2006, 02:13 PM
If you want protection on a fresh painted car fk1 #2180 is totally safe. I know someone will comment on how it is hidiously wrong but I have talked with the fk1 reps about it, talked to body shops who use it right after painting, and have done it myself. I can assure you its safe.

Greg

zippymbr
08-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Zaino is claimed to be new paint safe. Sal used to be a paint guy, well i guess he still is.