PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Combos for Black Cars

imported_Denzil
08-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Since it seems to be asked quite often what everyone`s combo is and that black cars are the most difficult to maintain, what`s everyone go-to combos when it comes to prepping, polishing, and finishing?

Here`s mine:

Clay -> SSR 2.5 -> SSR 1 (hardly ever) -> 4* UPP

Clay -> Optimum Car Polish -> 4* UPP

Clay -> 4* Ultimate Swirl Mark Remover -> 4* UPP

These are pretty much what I have to work with. 4* UPP is the only sealant I have and I have no waxes... yet. Definitely thinking about picking up some Klasse AIO, OCW, maybe some Blackfire or Menzerna FP and FMJ. Detailing-product-collecting seems to never end. :nixweiss

Evenflow
08-11-2006, 08:17 AM
All sorts of combinations here.

As of right now my go to combo is the Optimum Polishes, ClearKote RMG/VM, PoorBoys EX to seal, and Nattys Blue, or CMW. I can get a good three months of protection out of this combination. This is also my favorite combo for that deep wet look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/pmdemas/PorscheCarrera/12.jpg

If I want something for durable and less bling I will usually go Optimum, EX, and #16. Not a lot of wetness here, but crisp reflections and a good four-five months of protection with #16 over EX.

I also like to maintain with 2x coats of OCW between washes.

Prep:

Clay -> Optimum -> RMG/VM -> EX -> CMW/NB (Nice deep wet looking, less durability)

Clay -> Optimum -> EX -> #16 (Crisp reflections, More durability)

awahl63
08-11-2006, 11:11 AM
I definately like to finish a black car with a carnauba wax like #26 from Meguiars

Pb2theMax
08-11-2006, 01:50 PM
SwirlBuster, then UPP, then top with Nattys Blue or P21S

imported_DennisH
08-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Mine is IP/FP/POR85RD/RMG and topped with PS...

http://cars.537wine.biz/assets/images/39-1.jpg

imported_GregCavi
08-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Its hard to beat the menzerna polishes lineup followed by souveran!

Greg

imported_Denzil
08-11-2006, 03:27 PM
I will definitely put all of your combos into consideration... when I find the extra money, LoL. Anyone else?

Bigpoppa3346
08-11-2006, 03:52 PM
If going the carnauba route and durability isn`t a concern, I like

-IP(if nessisary), FPII, VM or RMG, Souveran

If using a sealant, I usually do

-IP(if nessisary) FPII, VM(for non-finicky sealants)- Blackfire Wet Diamond or EX-P, depending which look I am after.