PDA

View Full Version : dirt imbedded in microfiber

cruisemainst
08-11-2006, 01:16 AM
you know how wind blows your mf towels away and onto the dirty ground.. yeah its happened to me one too many times. there are pieces of dirt and bark dust stuff stuck to the towel. and even when machine washed, they wont come out! uhh so how can i make these towels re-usable again? thanks

BigAl3
08-11-2006, 01:21 AM
toss them (if they are imbedded with particles and won`t wash out) and use new ones it`s not worth it....

cruisemainst
08-11-2006, 01:23 AM
what. so you cant remove dirt from mf? thats about every one of my towels then.. iwash them altogether and i guess the dirt transfers..

BigAl3
08-11-2006, 01:28 AM
what. so you cant remove dirt from mf? thats about every one of my towels then.. iwash them altogether and i guess the dirt transfers..

try soaking and agitating the really contaminated ones in a bucket first, then do a regular wash with all of them together in the longest wash cycle....

Setec Astronomy
08-11-2006, 07:11 AM
The only thing to do is to try and pull that tree stuff out with your fingers or tweezers...frequently some of the towel will come with it.

imported_smprince1
08-11-2006, 07:12 AM
I have tried all kinds of washing and the nap of the MF will not let go of leaves, splinters, etc.

I use my finger nails as tweezers, and yes, sometimes some of the MF nap comes with it.

velobard
08-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Yes, sometimes you get stuff embedded in your towels that you can`t get out completely and you have to pitch the towel. Better that than scratch your paint and ruin all the effort you`re putting into it as an Autopian.

Evenflow
08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Are you sure its not just stains? The towels should be clean, but just stained a different color.

Accumulator
08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Maybe it`s a lesson that you need to find a way to not drop the MFs or let them get blown around by the wind. Two containers, one for clean ones and one for dirty ones could be a simple solution.

cruisemainst
08-11-2006, 09:23 PM
its windy over here.. plus i thought the dirt would come off after a wash, so i wasnt really worried.. and they are way easier to drop then clay. and even then you get a warning to throw them away if you did drop them.

Accumulator
08-12-2006, 12:03 PM
.. they are way easier to drop then clay. and even then you get a warning to throw them away if you did drop them.

Heh heh, MFs aren`t the sort of thing you want to be disposable, huh?!? That`d get pretty expensive. Oddly enough, I find it a lot easier to drop clay, maybe it`s the way I hold my MFs or something.

A lot of my older MFs have sorta-coarse edges, so I fold them in such a way that the edges don`t contact the paint. Then I hold that part of the towel (the part where the edges are) in a pretty secure grip.

Given the wind, I`d get those containers...maybe a pair of plastic trash cans or some RubberMaid containers. Then you`d only have to worry about dropping them.