PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh rain!!

lex89
08-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I just finished washing and spot claying my dad`s 2 month-old no swirl `07 bmw 525i (black). I pulled out the PC and a sonus sfx blue pad and was about to prime it to AIO the car when... rain! I felt a couple of drops and did a mad sprint getting everything out of the way in the garage to pull the car in. With some quick manuvering, I got the car into the garage with a light layer of rain on it (not drenched, but full of beads of water).

Since I`m going to AIO right after the rain finishes (within a few hours) will the water spots from the rain make any difference? Should I hurry up and dry it now?

lex89
08-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Ok I got anxious and dried it. Half of the car didn`t even get hit with rain so it was quick and easy. Sun just came out but we have a little dilemma (my mom wants to bring the car into the city), but I want to AIO/SG and leave it in the garage overnight so the SG can cure. I`ll keep you updated ;)

stilez
08-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Your fine with just wiping it down. Chances are, not really any contaminants got a chance to settle.

I would just AIO/SG it and remove the SG. No need to really let it dry overnight. It will cure in 12-24 anyways.

lex89
08-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah but it rained pretty hard in my area and I`m concerned some dirt/tar could get kicked up into the paint by the wheels. Also, I`ve read around here that while SG is curing you shouldn`t let it get wet and in general you should try not to drive it.

lex89
08-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Just finished my FIRST AIO/SG application! It`s also my first full car LSP application. I did natty`s blue after AIO on my trunk once but that`s it. I`ve been working on the swirls for 2 months on and off :/. New paint rocks! I`m gonna do 3 layers of sg and I`ll finish it off with natty`s blue.