PDA

View Full Version : QD after waxing or sealing?

III
08-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Do you QD right after using a sealant or carnauba, or do you feel that QDing might hinder the overall performance of the product since it hasn`t fully bonded/cured?

Wasatch
08-09-2006, 09:32 PM
I do not QD after waxing or sealing, I will wait at least 2 days for the product to cure.

shortspark
08-09-2006, 09:58 PM
I fail to see the reason why anyone would want to QD after sealing or waxing. The vehicle should be perfect by the time that lsp is down. A QD is usually used to freshen things up after the car has been driven, is dusty, bombed by birds, pollen, whatever. A QD right after the lsp is put down is a waste as far as I am concerned.

jdhutchin
08-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I usually use a qd-type product after waxing/sealing to make sure that all the extra wax has been removed. I usually use aquawax, it gives the car a little extra shine too.

LeadingEdgeDetail
08-10-2006, 12:47 AM
I usually use a qd-type product after waxing/sealing to make sure that all the extra wax has been removed. I usually use aquawax, it gives the car a little extra shine too.

How about OCW? I tried using it before on a black truck, and it went on fine, smeared around for a long while, and eventually it dried to a haze and I buffed off with another MF towel... But then when I took the truck into the sun, it was streak-city! I would have HATED to have my work go to a customer like that...

I ended up using Meguiars QuikWax to get rid of any streaking...

Pb2theMax
08-10-2006, 01:20 AM
I like to mist a little S&G after waxing. It seems to add a little more depth and richness, and it helps the MF pick up any wax or polish dust.

EMazda3S
08-10-2006, 02:28 AM
I will wait as well fearing that it may somehow interfere with bonding. I just go over the car with another MF to make sure all the LSP is gone. If needed I will dapen the MF with water but no QD. I find it interesting that some people remove their LSP haze with different spray on LSP`s such as OCW or AW. I can`t say it`s wrong but it`s just different to me.

finerdetails
08-10-2006, 02:32 AM
I use Pinnacle Crystal mist on the darker, and solid colours for same reasons as mentioned above. I also use it when spit shining ;)

imported_truzoom
08-10-2006, 02:52 AM

Ditto. Usually a wax-enhanced QD helps, but just a plain QD works great, too.