PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Tool

abbeysdad
08-09-2006, 06:04 PM
A few years ago we bought a Black & Decker electric pressure washer (but that`s not the story). A promotion with the pressure washer was a coupon to send away for a free Black & Decker Scumbuster.

It pretty much sat untouched in the basement for two or more years.

Then I got this new vehicle and the detailin fever. I`d been looking for a decent tire brush because most everything out there was either too stiff or too wimpy.

Almost by accident one day, I happened on the Scumbuster treasure buried in the basement.

Cordless electric (Versapak rechargable battery) and submersable!

Pretty good torque for a little thing and the battery life is pretty good (I`ve since got an extra battery and the charger stays in a garage outlet.)

WOW.

Nice tool for scrubbing tires and rims. Has a couple of different brushes, one conical that`s great for inside the wheels where it`s tough to clean without pulling the wheel.

Put some Dawn & water in your wash bucket (don`t panic - it`s degreaser for the tires) and spray the tires with some Simple Green - plunge the Scumbuster into the soapy water and scrub those tires/wheels.

- Great for carpet/mat scrubing/cleaning to work the foam into the carpet.

prepare/spray your uphostery/carpet cleaner (or woolite) and give it a good scrub with the Scumbuster. Carefully spray with some water and use your wet/dry vac to extract.

- Has a 6" foam pad with a nylon mesh cover that`s great for bugs.

- Better still, use that 6" foam pad or cover with a microfiber or terry cloth bonnet and use it for applying that [spray] wax, sealant or whatever.

You can do the above by hand - this is just a bit quicker and easier and even though it`s not as cool as your PC 7424, I think it`s another good detailing tool.

You (or the better half) might also find it has uses in the tub/shower, outdoor grill or anywhere serious scrubbing is required.

GlossyTundra
08-09-2006, 09:04 PM
I find that the thing just dosent turn fast enough for my tastes.

abbeysdad
08-09-2006, 10:31 PM
I think scrubbing is more about torque at lower speeds.