PDA

View Full Version : My wife bought me a toy... a new Cyclo :)

Pages : [1] 2

bshertzer
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
well low and behold, i get home from work yesterday, and there it is... a brand spankin new cyclo :getdown

we had talked about getting me something... i even looked at a g100 from Meguiars at a car show this past weekend, and almost bought it... she talked me out of spending the $$ for it. while at the show, i did pick up some megs products... 80 / 83 / colorx / scratchx / nxt / and some more clay.

so i guess now is the trial under fire sort of thing... which stuff that i bought... with which pads? apparetnly she got the kit off of ebay (which i`ve been told isnt the best deal out there - but too late to inform her) but regardless it`s what i have. (exact same setup on the pinnacle wax website)

Cyclo Orbital Polisher

2 Hook and Loop Pad Holders

2 Cyclo White Finishing Pads

2 Cyclo Green Polishing Pads

4 LC Orange Light Cutting Pads

2 Cyclo Yellow Cutting Pads

4 Spot Buffs White Polishing Pads

i will want to try out some of the other products reccomended... but for the time being, i`m just happy to have what i do. i want to have at some of my own cars, before tackling anyone elsess (esp. my boss`s $$$ cars that he wants me to detail).

i used one years ago, and really liked it... thus why i put the idea in her head (plus i found an ad in an old eastwood catalog thats been on the fridge for a few years now)

i know it won`t be able to do everything... like parts on an xjs ;) but for what i want to do with it... it should be more than adequate

:spot :2thumbs: :spot :getdown - i can`t wait to give it a "whirl"

*edit for speeling

velobard
08-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Your wife sounds like a keeper. Congrats! :spot

Now you can polish that fridge the catalog was sitting on. :waxing:

Joshua312
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Congrats on the new cyclo..I just got mine about 3 weeks ago and I love it. Im sure you`ll enjoy using it! Be sure to post some pictures :)

AL-53
08-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Congrats on a nice tool...Your wife has to be a sweetheart to get this for you..now she can have the best looking car on the street...

Have Fun..give her a big hug

Al

bshertzer
08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
yea... she`s pretty cool. no complaints from me. she bought the lift kit for my truck eons ago... all the cool stuff like that, pretty much with no questions asked. :eek:

we go to pick up her new car tonight... so i`m sure that will be one of my "test subjects" ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/bshertzer11/00%20Passat%20Wagon/front-left.jpg

awahl63
08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Geeze your wife sounds great

SpoiledMan
08-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the club!:)

BigAl3
08-09-2006, 12:50 PM
congrats on the new purchase! :getdown

a.k.a. Patrick
08-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Hey I want one too!

(A wife like that, not the prod`s!)

Actually, my wifey is pretty dang sweet..........

dmxsoulja3
08-09-2006, 04:32 PM
yeah tell me what you think about it, I`m teetering on making the move as well

bshertzer
08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
i have 0 doubts that i`ll dislike it. i used one years ago in a shop for a few years. i tried out the meguiars g100 and in just a few minutes the vibrations were horrendous. i didnt like it much at all. i`m hoping this weekend to give it a shot on at least one of the cars to see how it goes.

Scottwax
08-09-2006, 11:08 PM
No wife, so I had to buy my own Cyclo. I guess you take the good with the bad, eh? ;)

gbackus
08-09-2006, 11:14 PM
I highly recomend the rightlook backing plates.

SpoiledMan
08-09-2006, 11:29 PM

I`ll second that...

RCBuddha
08-10-2006, 01:59 AM

+3 add me to a fan of the rightlook backing plates