PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Marks professionally removed But Its Still There!

Pages : [1] 2

Harry Houdini
08-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Hi guys,

Well I took my BMW M6 to my detailer to take care of the medium and fine Swirl

Marks on the car, The car looks perfect as I told him and insisted that he doesn’t use

fillers and rather polish it with a remover never a Compound, So he took his time

and it looks much better than before,

however there is a line from the windshield water sprayer to the middle of the hood

that I told him to remove but he said he couldn`t as he didn`t want to cut in the clearcoat

any much than what he did with the polish, I also have little once on the trunk of the car,

any advice on what can be done to this? is it better to live with it or try to remove it?

I have everything to get the job done, a Circular polisher and a PC,

There is a deep little scratch next to the gas tank that I really don`t know how to remove

neither the detailer couldn`t get it out although we polished it 3 times so far over the past

3 months, what can be done on this one?

I want to provide pictures to better see the Swirls but the System is telling me the

image is to large, how can I post pictures and make it smaller so the size can fit here???

Thanks for the help

Five Star
08-08-2006, 11:42 PM
resize the pics and there should be away to lower the jpeg compression thru setting/options to about

75%

as far as the scratches, some polish out, some are too deep to polish out

one trick is to fill them or rub touchup paint into them, then polish/level the excess

Harry Houdini
08-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the advice,

Here are some pictures, the swirls are not showing but I will take better once

tonight, those pictures are after the last polish.

velobard
08-09-2006, 11:14 AM
If they`re too deep to polish out and you don`t want to live with it I`d recommend using Swirlbuster polish. It uses an acrylic as a long-lasting filler to fill the scratch, and the polish in it rounds off the edges to make it less visible. Good stuff. :2thumbs: You`re lucky, 2 months ago there wasn`t anything like this on the market.

BTW, for picture hosting I recommend Photobucket.com. Plenty of features to make it easy, like ability to re-size online and links you can paste right in to your post and and have the picture appear. (That`s the [ img ] link option.)

Harry Houdini
08-09-2006, 11:38 AM
If they`re too deep to polish out and you don`t want to live with it I`d recommend using Swirlbuster polish. It uses an acrylic as a long-lasting filler to fill the scratch, and the polish in it rounds off the edges to make it less visible. Good stuff. :2thumbs: You`re lucky, 2 months ago there wasn`t anything like this on the market.

BTW, for picture hosting I recommend Photobucket.com. Plenty of features to make it easy, like ability to re-size online and links you can paste right in to your post and and have the picture appear. (That`s the [ img ] link option.)

Thanks for the advice on the product and the link :)

Anyone has experience with Sonus Swirl Buster?

would like to hear about this product more before using it on this car :think:

any other products that might be better?

velobard
08-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Anyone has experience with Sonus Swirl Buster?

There`s a couple of great threads on SB pads and polish in the Autopia Car Care forum near the bottom of the forum listings.

dmxsoulja3
08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I gotta be honest and say I was less than thrilled my first time out with the swirlbuster pad and polish..I`m going to try it on another car and report back but I was not impressed at all..it could be my technique but I made multiple passes on the hood slower each time to where finally I was down to like a 1x1 area that I was for sure I was doing the correct method I should be and still could see little to no effect so until I can try a different car I`m going to say I don`t recommend it.

Maybe someone can post how they used it, it seemed like the polish never would break down or maybe I`m not used to what its supposed to look like after its broke down but I was not happy.

Envious Eric
08-09-2006, 04:08 PM
did you try it with a different pad....?

dmxsoulja3
08-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah I was so frustrated that day... heres the link http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76013 of what I was doing. I was tired and just said screw it..I have a spare hood from a car that I put a CF hood on, I`m going to take a broom to it and try some techniques and also might try a rotary I hate the PC...I`m either going to go cyclo or rotary..but again I`ll post what I can about the hood and all my products that I dumped tons of money on :(

Harry Houdini
08-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah I was so frustrated that day... heres the link http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76013 of what I was doing. I was tired and just said screw it..I have a spare hood from a car that I put a CF hood on, I`m going to take a broom to it and try some techniques and also might try a rotary I hate the PC...I`m either going to go cyclo or rotary..but again I`ll post what I can about the hood and all my products that I dumped tons of money on :(

I feel you DMX lol, I just got my IP FPII and VM and RMG add to my other products

so waiting on your report if not then I will stick with what I have.

would like an advice on the process of IP & FPII and RMG and VM please!

dmxsoulja3
08-09-2006, 06:56 PM
well since he got all the major damage out and said the other was non repairable I`d say fillers are your only option and the rmg is great for that. that being said if your surface is as smooth as your going to get I`d lay down the RMG and top it and be done with it. Until I can smooth out some swirls and with what remaining swirls I have left use the swirlbuster polish because in theory the acrylic fillers should last longer, I just slapped on some meguiars color x and topped it with NXT and that filled a decent amount in to where I was satisfied but still ticked over the whole process..so I`d say just RMG it with a polishing pad

Harry Houdini
08-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I just don`t get it regarding RMG vs VM

VM is a polish or a cleaner wax? which one is VM?

RMG is a glaze pure glaze with no cleaner at all right?

RMG will fill fine swirls with a polishing pad "White pad" and VM will

do the same with the same pad am I right?

How do those 2 products work with different pads? I just don`t get it. :(

dmxsoulja3
08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
it depends there is VM hand glaze, and then there is just VM..vm does clean. RMG is straight glaze. Plain vm might do "some" filling and cleaning..I don`t know if it has any abrasives or not.

velobard
08-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Do a search here for "Pink Moose" Scottwax mixed some Vanilla Moose and Red Moose and came up with some very nice results.

Harry Houdini
08-09-2006, 08:29 PM
it depends there is VM hand glaze, and then there is just VM..vm does clean. RMG is straight glaze. Plain vm might do "some" filling and cleaning..I don`t know if it has any abrasives or not.

What I got is VM hand glaze is it the same sa RMG? :eek: