PDA

View Full Version : Egg

victory
08-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Someone threw an egg at my mothers brand new car saturday afternoon, she just got around to telling me 10 minutes ago, so it`s been baking on in 100 degree heat since saturday. :rolleyes:

So, being that it`s night and about to thunderstorm, earliest i`ll be able to get to it is tomorrow. can i be pretty sure the paint where the egg sat over the past 3 days is destroyed and it`s gonna need a respray or is there no way to tell?

Also need to know the best way to get it off.

velobard
08-07-2006, 09:58 PM
For starters, wash and clay. Then you can do an evaluation of the damage.

Next, give your mother a bottle of QD and a few MFs for next time.

RAG
08-07-2006, 10:37 PM
I`d say 90% chance of needed to be re sprayed :(

Clay and then polish. If polish doesn`t get it out, go to a heavy compound. IF this doen`t work, either live eith the damage or get it re sprayed.

victory
08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Hopefully because the car is silver it won`t be very visable.

LeadingEdgeDetail
08-08-2006, 12:34 PM
For starters, wash and clay. Then you can do an evaluation of the damage.

Next, give your mother a bottle of QD and a few MFs for next time.

I got egged last night, washed the area as soon as I got home (8-10 minutes away from the egging) and washed it thoroughly (Pitch black, so I couldn`t actually see anything).

Still fu><0red my door:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/DasCoupe/IMG_1187.jpg

Less than 10 minutes in cool air and no sun.. WTFM8!

And I had a fresh (less than a month ago) coat of Klasse AIO then SG topped with P21S.

Now my PERFECT `03 Echo has a huge scar :sosad

chml17l
08-08-2006, 01:13 PM
I wish you luck, but the egg`s shell actually does the most damage as it can easily crack and chip paint. :mad:

velobard
08-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I got egged last night, washed the area as soon as I got home (8-10 minutes away from the egging) and washed it thoroughly (Pitch black, so I couldn`t actually see anything).

Still fu><0red my door:

Less than 10 minutes in cool air and no sun.. WTFM8!

And I had a fresh (less than a month ago) coat of Klasse AIO then SG topped with P21S.

Now my PERFECT `03 Echo has a huge scar :sosad

That really bites, I feel for ya man. Just to be sure nothing can be done, I`d at least try clay then ScratchX.

victory
08-08-2006, 10:39 PM
That really bites, I feel for ya man. Just to be sure nothing can be done, I`d at least try clay then ScratchX.

Not gonna work, that`s cut right through the paint.

So, i cleaned up the egg and clayed the area and good news, the clearcoat survived the baked on egg. Thank you duragloss.

Bad news, however, there`s a spot on the car that looks just like stumpies where the shell cut right through the paint. Gonna need to have that panel resprayed. What really sucks is the location, right on the pillar between the rear windshield and the rear passenger side window.

RAG
08-08-2006, 11:03 PM
I see paint defects like Stumpy`s all the time of cars I detail (like 1 in 15), I always assumed it was some sort of painting/prepping defect. I wonder if this is the distince, tell-tale sign of egg damage?

victory
08-08-2006, 11:10 PM
If you`re looking for a tell-tale sign, that would be it. My last car got egged on mischeif night last year at my apartment and the only reason i escaped with no damage was that the 2 egg impacts hit a tire and the rear windshield. I also got the egg off an hour after it happened because i was fortunate enough to be awakened by a drive-by shooting and went out to check my car for holes.....chester sucks.

velobard
08-09-2006, 07:15 AM
...because i was fortunate enough to be awakened by a drive-by shooting ...

Something`s wrong with that statement. :sadpace: