PDA

View Full Version : Brand new plate went boom :(

martinager
08-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Just ordered some 4" pads and a 4" plate from autopia, and decided to go do my car which has been in need of some serious attention.

Loaded up my PC, and went to work. Spread SSR 2.5 on speed one in my work area, then went onto speed 6. Everythings working great. Im letting the PC glide on its own power with my directing, then...

PICS are in the attachments.

Who do I contact to see about a replacement? I can take pictures of the hood of the car if need be. I want to continue to use autopia especially to support the forum here.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Ryan

velobard
08-07-2006, 04:27 PM
What is it with all the BP failures I`ve been reading about in the last several days? And IIRC they`re not all from the same company. Weird.

Ryan, call or email the company and I expect they`ll take care of you. Was your hood damaged? I figured you`d say that if it happened, but I`m not sure why else you`d be offering pictures of it. Contact information is listed on the left side of the page here: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

Thomas Dekany
08-07-2006, 04:28 PM
who ever sold it to you will replace it quickly. Detail vendors happen to be exceptionally professionals :rules:

AL-53
08-07-2006, 04:29 PM
I have to tell you....speed 6 with a 4" pad does create some serious heat..I was playing on a scrap panel...and got to the corner and the product was actualy smoking.I was useing speed 6 with some 3M SCR polishing compound....sorta like Menzerna ..it is for ceramic clears....I hit the edge and pressed down and seen billows of lite smoke comeing out from the pad...felt the pad and Backing Plate..both were very hot..so I would not reccomend speed 6 for very long...5 is plenty..6 for final pass if needed....

There is not much surface resistance with a 4" pad like a 6 or 7 1/2 inch pad..they jiggle with pressure..a 4 just goes on ..no jiggles...

Al

martinager
08-07-2006, 04:42 PM
What is it with all the BP failures I`ve been reading about in the last several days? And IIRC they`re not all from the same company. Weird.

Ryan, call or email the company and I expect they`ll take care of you. Was your hood damaged? I figured you`d say that if it happened, but I`m not sure why else you`d be offering pictures of it. Contact information is listed on the left side of the page here: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

No the hood was not damaged. I felt it heat up in my hand and instantly took it off when I felt it heating up. I got it just in time to see the pad flying into orbit =p. Right as it came off the paint, it went all over.

I posted pictures of it, so I could prove I am not trying to scam anyone. I always take pictures of anything that happens like this since an old ebay war :mad:

martinager
08-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I have to tell you....speed 6 with a 4" pad does create some serious heat..I was playing on a scrap panel...and got to the corner and the product was actualy smoking.I was useing speed 6 with some 3M SCR polishing compound....sorta like Menzerna ..it is for ceramic clears....I hit the edge and pressed down and seen billows of lite smoke comeing out from the pad...felt the pad and Backing Plate..both were very hot..so I would not reccomend speed 6 for very long...5 is plenty..6 for final pass if needed....

There is not much surface resistance with a 4" pad like a 6 or 7 1/2 inch pad..they jiggle with pressure..a 4 just goes on ..no jiggles...

Al

Yes, here the pad nor the BP was smoking at all. It heated up real fast, and almost sontaneously went out.

I will be contacting autopia car care and see if we can get something worked out.

Thanks Everyone!