PDA

View Full Version : LGM damaged?

tustah
08-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I noticed today the suction power on my LGC is close to nothing. I am debating whether I should open it up and take a look or not. Lost my receipt and threw away the box already, but doesn`t Wal-Mart accept open box returns?

The vacuum I was using wasn`t strong enough so I used it to do some light vacuuming. Removed the dust and particles from the container but suction power still no good.

velobard
08-07-2006, 11:56 AM
It depends on the attitude of the person at the CS counter. You stand a reasonable chance that they`ll take it back, I`d give it a shot. And I don`t even have a clue what an LGM/LGC is. :nixweiss

TN9thSi
08-07-2006, 12:16 PM
If you get a replacement, don`t use it as avacuum cleaner. it wasn`t designed for debris, only water. I venture a guess that is the reason for your reduced suction. Good luck!

imported_themightytimmah
08-07-2006, 12:17 PM
You might have clogged the head on it, try popping it apart and cleaning it out good, then putting it back together. If that doesn`t work, try to return it, worst case scenario buy a new one then return the old one with the new box and reciept, you`ll have two.

GearHead_1
08-07-2006, 01:39 PM
I noticed today the suction power on my LGC is close to nothing. I am debating whether I should open it up and take a look or not. Lost my receipt and threw away the box already, but doesn`t Wal-Mart accept open box returns?

The vacuum I was using wasn`t strong enough so I used it to do some light vacuuming. Removed the dust and particles from the container but suction power still no good.

You haven`t said how old the product is. WalMart doesn`t warranty all products indefinitely. Often times the manufacturers warranty is longer than the store warranty. Of course on some products the store handles the manufacturers warranty as well. I think I sent a warranty card in on mine, if I remember correctly it had a 1 year warranty.

You might have clogged the head on it, try popping it apart and cleaning it out good, then putting it back together. If that doesn`t work, try to return it, worst case scenario buy a new one then return the old one with the new box and receipt, you`ll have two.

Without knowing the specific warranty criteria, a practice such as this could call into question ones integrity.

tustah
08-07-2006, 03:33 PM
It`s fixed now. I figured I could flush whatever is stuck out of the machine with hot water from the sink. Had to suck up about 10 full tubes of dirt/rocks out and now the suction power is back.

Will definitely be heading to Home Depot to get the small Ridgid vac.

01bluecls
08-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah you definetly want to vacuum the area to be worked on with a regular vac first before using the LGCM!

imported_Denzil
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah you definetly want to vacuum the area to be worked on with a regular vac first before using the LGCM!

Yep, vacuum first, then LGCM. :getdown

tustah
08-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Yes, I made the mistake of using it as a vacuum. My handheld vacuum just wasn`t cutting it so I switched to the LGCM. BAD MISTAKE!

Going to purchase the Ridgid WD4050.

01bluecls
08-07-2006, 10:03 PM
I dont know how much the Ridgid Vac is, but you might also want to check out the Metro VacN Blow. Great machine, I just got mine last week and coulnt be happier with the suction, size and blowing capabilities. For you naughty people....get your mind out of the gutter!!! :)

Stickman81
08-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I dont know how much the Ridgid Vac is, but you might also want to check out the Metro VacN Blow. Great machine, I just got mine last week and coulnt be happier with the suction, size and blowing capabilities. For you naughty people....get your mind out of the gutter!!! :)

I`ve read where a couple of folks really like this vac.

I got the RIDGID Stor `N Go Wall Mounted Vac Model WD5500 (http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/prodmeta/pg_prodmeta.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&cartCntKey=Power+Tools%2FWet-Dry+Vacs%2C+Dust+Collection%2FCorded+Wet%2FDry+Vac s&CNTKEY=Products_2%2FPower+Tools%2FWet-Dry+Vacs%2C+Dust+Collection%2FCorded+Wet-Dry+Vacs&ProductOID=733548&BV_SessionID=@@@@0280193419.1155009040@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdfaddihmhelimcgelceffdfgidgll.0) and really like it.

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/648846002934_4.jpg

If you do mobile detailing, it might be a little tough. They make a smaller one that looks like a toolbox that folks seem to like really well.

Glad you got your LGCM fixed.

Best of luck.

tustah
08-07-2006, 11:20 PM
I was thinking about the wall mounted one but I do mobile detailing and I drive an 06 Accord *COUPE*. At times like this I wish I had an SUV or Truck, but then again, I don`t want to pay for the gas.

Are you referring to this one?

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/648846002965_4.jpg

Model WD4550 $89.00 ($40 rebate available I believe)

The one I was thinking about is this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/165710_4.jpg

Model WD4050 $69.96

I can`t find much differences between the two.

Also came across this:

http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00917776000

Pretty much the same as the WD4050. $69.99 with $10 rebate

So many choices...

Stickman81
08-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Yes - I was thinking about the Pro Pack.

The second one may be less trouble some as far as opening and closing and attachements and what not.

Do a quick search for the Pro Pack here. I remember reading about them here. You may find it helpful.

Best of luck.