PDA

View Full Version : critique my home page

deadlock32
08-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey guys I`ve been working all weekend on my homepage and I was wondering you could tell me what you think. I would like to thank GTA IN DETAIL because his great website helped me create my own.

Just follow the link in my avatar.

imported_hooked
08-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Pretty slick, and the big graphic of the rear of the car is cool. But...

The text is too long and not enough pictures. I started reading, but then I got bored. I know you`re trying to convey some information, but it`s too much. You need to catch the potential client`s attention and what you`re selling is how good you make cars look. I think the graphic of the car is limiting the space you have to show your product. Sorry. I know you spent a lot of effort to get everything to work with that graphic.

deadlock32
08-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Pretty slick, and the big graphic of the rear of the car is cool. But...

The text is too long and not enough pictures. I started reading, but then I got bored. I know you`re trying to convey some information, but it`s too much. You need to catch the potential client`s attention and what you`re selling is how good you make cars look. I think the graphic of the car is limiting the space you have to show your product. Sorry. I know you spent a lot of effort to get everything to work with that graphic.

Actually I`ve got the space for the pics... im missing the pics. I need to get some high quality pictures of my work, which I am lacking currently. That whole left side is going to be for pics to auto scroll and if you click on it it will take you to that car`s gallery. Thanks = ]

Thomas Dekany
08-06-2006, 10:18 PM
I can`t see the link.

deadlock32
08-06-2006, 11:27 PM
I can`t see the link.

We are not allowed to display links here. You need to click on my avatar.

imported_GregCavi
08-06-2006, 11:44 PM
stunning. i LOVE IT!!

Joshua312
08-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Amazing..I love how you used that car as the main frame for all of your pages and just simply altered the color. I also like how you dont have to load the pages one by one, how it loads as a whole in the begining. Great site....just wow :)

Are you using dreamweaver or another program? Also where did you find that picture to use as your layout. Thanks!!

deadlock32
08-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Amazing..I love how you used that car as the main frame for all of your pages and just simply altered the color. I also like how you dont have to load the pages one by one, how it loads as a whole in the begining. Great site....just wow :)

Are you using dreamweaver or another program? Also where did you find that picture to use as your layout. Thanks!!

The entire side created with Macro... I mean Adobe Flash. I cant find the picture i used but from from this lambo: http://articles.motortoday.com/testdrive/Murcielago/Murcielago_rear.jpg

Though I did have to photo chop it to work better as a site.

zapata5150
08-07-2006, 05:25 AM
blah auto zone detailer shabby u should of left me alone

Joshua312
08-07-2006, 08:06 AM

I think your asking to be banned, keep your rude comments to yourself please

BMWWW
08-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Hey, great looking site!

Some technicalities I found when looking at it with Firefox (most recent update)

1. The `Scrolling` feature does not work unless your cursor is hovering directly over the scroll bar.

2. The scrolling isnt` smooth.

Awsome site otherwise, great potential. Reading other sites, I feel that `Simpler/less is more`, and makes an easier read. Instead of making all the information available all at once, perhaps break up the more technical information to a seperate page, so there`s no information overload!

Best regards!

Bobby G
08-07-2006, 09:28 AM

Maybe you need to find a new place to hang out! :rules:

TortoiseAWD
08-07-2006, 09:41 AM
blah auto zone detailer shabby u should of left me alonehttp://members.cox.net/sborders/thin_ice.gif

amtrak23
08-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I like it. Different than most websites. I agree with the one poster on less woding though. I think making the text rollovers "pop" more would be cool too. maybe have the shimmer or gleam upon initial rollover? That might be too much though.

Nice job!