PDA

View Full Version : leather interior vs bubble gum

mustanginky
08-06-2006, 04:15 PM
my buddy has a 03 cobra w/ a leather interior, and on the suede part there is gum. im detailing hte interior this weekend, what will help w/ the gum?

also what products are good for leather, lexol, i have heard that. i also have some leather conditioner for the seats (not the suede obviously), but what will clean them good before putting that on?

and what will make the suede look good? just an eraser is what i`ve heard.

604_Coast
08-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Woolite diluted with water is effective and safe for cleaning leather.

Capt. Paintball
08-06-2006, 10:41 PM
On cloth, I use a canned-air "dust remover" spray upside-down, so the cold air freezes the gum. Then you can chip it off. On leather, I assume it would be easier, but I don`t know.

mustanginky
08-06-2006, 11:10 PM
good idea about the canned air, only thing i would worry about is changing the color of the leather.

and woolite, where can i get this?

whats a good carpet shampoo?

odonnellb
08-06-2006, 11:26 PM
for the carpets i use woolite pet stain remover for the spots (tried it once, works great so stuck with it) and the common turtle wax carpet cleaner, which i use mostly for the smell haha. On leather i used to use armol all gel and recently bought mothers reflectiosn leather care. Man what a difference, for under 10 bucks i dont think you can beat it. For that gum...i really dont know id say pick out as much as you can and then use your leather cleaner to get out the rest?

imported_themightytimmah
08-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Plastic razor blades and the upside down can duster will get most of it off, about as much as is going to come off. Suede sucks to work on though, so don`t use any harsh chemicals. You`re not going to get it 100%, sadly, as anything thats gonna knock the gum out is going to ruin the finish on the suede.