PDA

View Full Version : Spray wax as you dry

Marj
08-06-2006, 09:46 AM
There are a number of these products that you spray on the vehicle after you`ve rinsed, Duragloss and Eagle 1, just to name a couple, and I was wondering, has anybody done a comparison among all the available products and what did you finally decide you liked the best?

I have some Duragloss AW, and I really like it, but are all the others the same or is there something visibly better?

Thanks

mattz
08-06-2006, 09:53 AM
I`ve always been really impressed with Eagle 1, but I havent used anything else.

awahl63
08-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Wax as you dry is more of a booster and doesn`t really add much to the paint. I like AW a ton better

EdLancer
08-06-2006, 05:40 PM
I heard on another thread that you can do the same with OCW, just spray it on a ONR washed surface.

Nobuff2tuff
08-10-2006, 12:03 AM
i have used ocw in this method....it seems to work good, cant say anything about durability but it doesnt matter as these cars come to me every week and if its not ocw, i am applying fk fx100 followed by #425

spotter
08-10-2006, 07:52 AM
I use the OCW before drying ONR about every 2nd wash and it really works well.....talk about easy you are washing and waxing in about 20 minutes. It doesn`t get much better than that.

DETAILKING
08-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Wax as you dry is ok.....works much better on a dry car though, and unless you are sprucing up an average car, I don`t think you will be happy with it. that being said, I used to use Wax as you dry on my rubber trip (moldings) after each carwash and I really liked the look.

Marj
08-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Wax as you dry is ok.....works much better on a dry car though, and unless you are sprucing up an average car, I don`t think you will be happy with it. that being said, I used to use Wax as you dry on my rubber trip (moldings) after each carwash and I really liked the look.

I wonder in the long run, how will the rubber molding hold up with wax. Wax usually will dry out things rubber.

mblgjr
08-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Meg`s Detailer Line Xpress liquid wax works great on a dry or barely damp car.

OCW or AW would be fine choices for nice options, but I`m not sure how they would do on a wet car.

DETAILKING
08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I`ve seen sold the car, but they held up fine in the few months I have used it.