PDA

View Full Version : OTC inexpensive leather cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2

fiveiron
08-06-2006, 01:22 AM
I am a new here and new to detailing. I learned a lot already--my floormats came out great using the popular method I read about on this forum.

I have an EX-L Accord and I want to clean and condition the leather. Any tips on where to start and what product to use will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Evenflow
08-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner.

What is your process on the floormats?

fiveiron
08-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner.

What is your process on the floormats?

Followed this procedure loosely and the floormats look great:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43947&highlight=gsrstilez+interior

Where can I buy the Lexol? Any B&M`s carry that brand?

ndtechie05
08-06-2006, 01:59 AM
I picked up some Tanner`s cleaner today at Strauss. I believe that the Zymol products are pretty good too. They can be found at Target.

gocona
08-06-2006, 10:11 AM
The local Autozone here carries Lexol leather cleaner. So does the local Target. I have never used it, I usually use Megs Gold class. I want to try the Lexol and will probably do so once my Megs runs out.

Sherman8r44
08-06-2006, 10:27 AM
I`m going to go against the grain.....I hate Lexol. It smells awful, and it made the seats sticky/tacky.

I recommend Turtle Wax (I know I know, just trust me) Leather Cleaner/Conditioner in the tan spray bottle. It`s available at Target or Pepboys.

imported_smprince1
08-06-2006, 10:33 AM
If the leather needs a little more cleaning, then Woolite/Water at 1:6 will be a gentle, effective, ph correct cleaner.

I second the Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner/Conditioner as a good OTC 1-step product for light cleaning/conditioning.

Pats300zx
08-06-2006, 10:52 AM
The Turtle Wax Leather Conditioner is on clearance at Pep Boys for around $4.00.

backwoods_lex
08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
I really disliked the Meguiar`s cleaner/conditioner wipes. It smelled kind of nice but it made the seats so slimy. I had to clean them twice with water and woolite to get it of (this was days later). Armor all leather wipes left the seats too shiny for me. I finally bought lexol and I like it a lot. Nice leather-like smell and a soft finish that isn`t shiny.

velobard
08-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Keep in mind that most all recent cars with leather seats have coated leather, so you`re basically dealing with a vinyl surface. On this, for difficult spots a Magic Eraser works well.

Mr.Dan
08-07-2006, 11:24 PM
I like using the Zaino Z9 and Z10. THey are not exactly OTC, but there is this place that stocks them near where i live.

imported_blackfire
08-06-2008, 06:29 AM
I prefer Eagle brand of cleaner and dressings.

imported_User Name
08-06-2008, 06:40 AM
I have been using the Lexol cleaner and conditioner and I am NOT very happy with either. I don`t like the feel of the leather post cleaning. Feels as though there is a chalky film on the seats.

jfelbab
08-06-2008, 07:22 AM
My favorite is available at any Lexus parts counter. GST Autoleather, the provider of many of the finer leathers in our cars, provides a cleaner and a conditioner to Lexus. IMO, this is the best pair of leather products I`ve used and it is surprisingly affordable. They typically sell for $8-$10 each, depending on how much your local Lexus dealer marks it up.

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/accessories/images/leather_care_kit_1.jpg

imported_User Name
08-06-2008, 07:24 AM
My favorite is available at any Lexus parts counter. GST Autoleather, the provider of many of the finer leathers in our cars, provides a cleaner and a conditioner to Lexus. IMO, this is the best pair of leather products I`ve used and it is surprisingly affordable. They typically sell for $8-$10 each, depending on how much your local Lexus dealer marks it up.

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/accessories/images/leather_care_kit_1.jpg

I`ve seen them at my dealership, but always just brushed it off as "dealership stuff", how good could it be? Have you compared this stuff with other OTC stuff and if so, which ones? As I wrote above, I am VERY disappointed with the Lexol stuff.