PDA

View Full Version : My window cleaning dilemma...solved!

602rwtq
08-06-2006, 12:20 AM
I tried so many combinations of window cleaner, towel, microfiber, and technique and have made a breakthrough. Here`s the best combination of product and technique I`ve found:

Product:

1. Stoner` Invisible Glass

2. Cobra Glass Cleaning Microfiber towels (http://www.autogeek.net/ww1627.html). The waffle texture, for reasons I don`t understand, cleans glass significantly better than non-textured mf`s.

Technique:

1. Spray window cleaner on window

2. Wipe off window cleaner in a circular motion with medium pressure

3. Mist a small amount of window cleaner on window

4. Wipe off window cleaner in a circular motion with light pressure

NO streaks. The cleanest windows I`ve ever seen. :eek:

I`m a skeptic about product, and have always preached technique, but this product combination is superior and--I believe--necessary to any serious detailer.

Pennypacker
08-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Thanks. I have both. Will give it a try. One question...are you using the Stoner`s foam spray or liquid?

602rwtq
08-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Thanks. I have both. Will give it a try. One question...are you using the Stoner`s foam spray or liquid?

I use the aerosol can. Good coverage, and it doesn`t run.

ifoam
08-06-2006, 02:44 AM
i found the aerosol spray misted everywhere getting that foam all over the car

gmblack3
08-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I use IG in the pump and spray it direct to the MF. Especially on the interior.

awahl63
08-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I also prefer to spray on the MF instead of the window

IBStoney1
08-07-2006, 01:08 AM
I have been using Stoner’s Invisible Glass sprayed on a MF towel for the first window treatment to remove road film, bugs and airborne pollution. Second step that I use is a MF sponge with the I.G. quickly followed with a MF waffle for the buff or shine I am looking for. Also remember to always roll the window down maybe 2 inches to get out the crud that is on the top of the glass and the window rail which is just waiting to transfer on to your new cleaned glass... I squeeze an MF towel to remove as much moisture as I can from the top window “U†channel. :2thumbs:

deadlock32
08-07-2006, 02:01 AM
I use IG in the pump and spray it direct to the MF. Especially on the interior.

For The Win!