PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Wrap for long-term protection

RAG
08-05-2006, 05:15 PM
One of my new regulars bought an SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee about 5 months back. I did a clay and polish about a month ago, and right after he took it to a "special" performance shop in LA to have a custom exhaust system installed. Anyways, I guess the morons at the shop decided they wanted to help my cleint out so he wouldn`t get any scratches on the beautiful mufflers...so they decided to leave the bubble wrap on - permanently. I just did a custom wash and saw what had happened - yikes.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/bubblewrap1.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/bubblewrap2.jpg

The really funny thing is...when he called to tell them the problem and that they are going to have to reinstall, they tried to tell him that it was his fault because he was making them nervous because he was watching them install it. Are you kidding me?

RAG
08-05-2006, 05:19 PM
And did I mention this thing is fast? I just about got whiplash when I stepped on the gas from a standstill. Crazy fast.

mikebai1990
08-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Hehe, that`s must be interesting. So it was driven with the bubble wrap on? I can`t imagine what that would`ve smelled like...

RAG
08-05-2006, 05:51 PM
IT was driven a lot with the wrap on it. I couldn`t smell anythinig, but it had to smell to some degree initially. But as you can kinda tell from the pics...it really isn`t melted as bad as one would think.

S Brake
08-05-2006, 07:44 PM
IT was driven a lot with the wrap on it. I couldn`t smell anythinig, but it had to smell to some degree initially. But as you can kinda tell from the pics...it really isn`t melted as bad as one would think.then they need to drive it hard and heat up those mufflers, kidding.

A neighbor of mine just got a dark red SRT8 GC and that thing rips! It corners surprisingly flat too.

RAG
08-05-2006, 09:44 PM
then they need to drive it hard and heat up those mufflers, kidding.

A neighbor of mine just got a dark red SRT8 GC and that thing rips! It corners surprisingly flat too.

This one is dark red too. He had originally ordered a supercharger for it, but considering it would void the warrenty he is going to wait. But still, there are about zero cars on the road that can beat this this thing 0-30mph, a couple 0-60, and a few in the 1/4 mile...with all wheel drive it launches off the line!

velobard
08-05-2006, 10:43 PM
I would be soooo pissed. :grrr :bat

awahl63
08-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Geeze it doens`t look THAT melted...what idiots

RAG
08-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Geeze it doens`t look THAT melted...what idiots

Yeah, it`s gonna be a waste of another full day for him when he has to go back to LA to have it redone.