PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Temp Levelers - which ones for PC vs. Rotary

imported_smprince1
08-05-2006, 08:28 AM
I have been wondering about using Hi-Temp Levelers with a PC and wondering if they are really intended as rotary-only products . . .

After asking this question ten different ways in ten different threads (possibly to the annoyance of some :nixweiss ), I finally called Hi-Temp and asked them directly about their line of levelers. Here is what I was told:

HT-61 Light Cut and HT-300 Medium Cut are probably OK with a Dual Action polisher as they are solvent based. The solvents will help to soften the clear coat so that the swirls can be removed with the friction that a PC develops.

HT-357 Heavy Cut, HT-420 Extreme Cut, and HT-440 Extreme Cut Plus are water based and are therefore primarily intended for the rotary. Since they don`t contain solvents, the heat generated by the rotary is needed to cut the clear coat.

Just wanted to share as maybe others had the same question. . . :secret

Joshua312
08-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Hmm..very interesting information - Thanks for sharing. I used Hi-Temp Extreme Cut for the first time last night via cyclo and it works great!! For $6 I think it`s worth a shot to try it on PC, you could always re-sell it to one of us if it doesnt work out. Again, thanks for being brave and calling the company :) Hopefully there will be a nice review or more comments made on Hi-Temp products soon as people are using them more and more.

imported_smprince1
08-05-2006, 08:49 AM
... Not exactly brave, just curious. The person who answered the phone was friendly and helpful. Took all of 1-2 minutes.

Do you think you removed or filled with Extreme Cut and the Cyclo?

Joshua312
08-05-2006, 09:06 AM
... Not exactly brave, just curious. The person who answered the phone was friendly and helpful. Took all of 1-2 minutes.

Do you think you removed or filled with Extreme Cut and the Cyclo?

Well Im a sissy when it comes to calling and talking to people :) I hate phone calls lol Extreme Cut without a doubt removed the defects. Almost finished down to a LSP ready surface...It was a life saver for sure!!

imported_smprince1
08-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Well Im a sissy when it comes to calling and talking to people :) I hate phone calls lol Extreme Cut without a doubt removed the defects. Almost finished down to a LSP ready surface...It was a life saver for sure!!

If you hate the phone .... sounds like the Internet and this type of forums are a God-send for you. :chuckle:

Interesting to hear that Extreme Cut removed the defects with a cyclo. Maybe it will work OK with a PC at speed 6 and some pressure. :nixweiss

Joshua312
08-05-2006, 09:17 AM
There is another forum member drewhaynes I believe his SN is drew.haynes ; he ordered Extreme Cut and if I recall correctly he was going to use it via PC. So maybe he can chime in if he had a chance to use it yet.

As for the internet, yes I do enjoy this site very much and just browsing the internet in general :) (insert geek smiley here)

Accumulator
08-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Noting Joshua312`s good results with the Cyclo, if I were gonna try the H-T EC by PC I`d use a 4" pad. You can`t apply much pressure to the PC with a 6.5" pad without it bogging down a bit and losing the dual-action motion (just jiggling).