PDA

View Full Version : weatherstrip problem help!

sl2obel2ts
08-04-2006, 02:48 PM
hello,

I have a 97 del sol. and since few years, I have gettign this wind sound on the driver side if I drive over 50mph. It has been bugging me for a while.

I took it to an auto body shop, and they told me that it would cost me 200 dollars (parts only) to fix it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/sl2obel2ts/del.jpg

this isn`t my del sol.

but as you see on the picture, the circled window strips are very loose. If i put force on it, I could move the inside weatherstrips around. I am thinking about fixing ti without replacing parts... If I could somehow fill up the little gap between the weather strip and the supporting triangle thingy (about .5mm) with some kind of glue, then I think it might work. the body shop person told me not to do it because it will cost more to replace it later if I screw up. I am thinking about getting an needle shot thingy and suck up some glue and inject glue into the gap. But the problem is that I Do not know what glue to use. I have the epoxy glue (the one that mix two solution) and some silicon from home depot.

Help me please!

dmxsoulja3
08-04-2006, 03:06 PM
caulk gun and a tube of clear silicone should be able to fix that.

vulgar_si
08-05-2006, 01:05 AM
I don`t think you should do that. I know that is the type of response you expect to a question like this, but I respond as a former Del Sol owner! I bet you will get some leaks after you fill that strip with glue because of the way the door and seal sit together.

Have you looked into wrecking yards for one off of a wrecked car? I know they are old but check some honda/acura yards and they might have one. Good luck.