PDA

View Full Version : apology note to all my old loves

steck
08-04-2006, 12:15 PM
sorry I`ve `backshelved` you

sorry I have neglected to appreciate you

I only realize it now what you all meant to me...

you being : CARNAUBA`S !!!!

(yes i`m nuts)

over the last year or two I`ve been using polymer sealants like NXT, Mothers, and TWPUG, for more durability but,,

yesterday used an old carnauba favourite, and once again fell in love with the deep shimmer only nube`s can do...

generally found sealants dont really offer that much more protection anyway...

TigerMike
08-04-2006, 12:26 PM
generally found sealants dont really offer that much more protection anyway...

Depends on which one`s you`ve been using. Quality sealants will easily outlast and outprotect carnauba. Other`s offer no better (or worse durability) than carnaubas...

Pennypacker
08-04-2006, 12:26 PM
I think some sealants are definitely better than others and do a very good job of producing the depth of carnauba. However, if I had to generalize (which may not be a good thing), I`ve usually found that sealants are more on the "mirror-reflective" side, whereas carnaubas produce more of a warm glow. There are always exceptions, of course.

If forced to choose, I`d go with carnauba as well, especially since durability is not a major consideration for me.

mikebai1990
08-04-2006, 01:17 PM
steck, what carnauba did you dig out of your shelves? :) If you want a durable carnauba wax, Collinite is the way to go. It has high carnauba content and gives protection of between 4-7 months, comparable to many sealants (Klasse SG, etc...) Very deep shine, too!

Scottwax
08-04-2006, 05:35 PM
As much as I like the ease of use and durability with Werkstatt on my black 626, I still find myself missing the liquid depth only a carnauba based product has. I`ve found that Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba is the best compromise for me.

Scottwax
08-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Quality sealants will easily outlast and outprotect carnauba.

Outlast? I tend to agree. More protection? I tend not to agree. I find that good carnaubas seem to be less prone to bird bomb damage than sealants.

GearHead_1
08-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Outlast? I tend to agree. More protection? I tend not to agree. I find that good carnaubas seem to be less prone to bird bomb damage than sealants.

Same here. :waxing:

steck
08-04-2006, 05:52 PM
the sealant i used the most was NXT,, and did squat against hardwater spots and bird bombs. i think a carnauba would have kept the mineral deposits and crap off (up on top of) the surface ??

I dug out good ole MOTHERS step 3 pure carnauba.....I missed the bubble gum smell too....

Scottwax: you said it best "liquid depth" //// that is the characteristic i like the best of nubes.

Yes, i`ve noticed the common observation here...the synthetics/poly`s/sealants produce a silvery flashy reflection,,, where nubes have the warm depth rich shimmer that i`ve missed over the last year (obviously more apparent with blacks, blues and reds.

ANYWAYS, i`m back on to nubes for my veh`s.

awahl63
08-04-2006, 06:12 PM
I`ve never been a fan of NXT and I`m a nuba guy

ashsarna
08-04-2006, 07:05 PM

+2. And, durability does not meen much (as I get the urge to wax anyways every 2-3 weeks. I know I am not alone :o ) in the summer at least.

I have been using sealants and nubas, but, have always finding myself wanting more nuba!

Bigpoppa3346
08-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Yes, i`ve noticed the common observation here...the synthetics/poly`s/sealants produce a silvery flashy reflection,,, where nubes have the warm depth rich shimmer that i`ve missed over the last year (obviously more apparent with blacks, blues and reds.

I have to disagree. Although no sealant will match the liquid shimmer of a great carnauba like Souveran, there are many sealants availiable that offer great depth and a carnauba-like appearance. Blackfire, in my eyes, looks very "carnauba-ish". It is very dark and deep(especially on black), yet the only way you would know it is a sealant is because of the super crisp reflections that carnaubas can never offer. I`m sure there are other sealants out there that look even more carnauba like than BF. Sealants have come a long way in the last few years.

imported_DennisH
08-04-2006, 08:41 PM

I sure agree with that...