PDA

View Full Version : Best new choice for Red

Red Car Guy
08-03-2006, 10:10 PM
I used to be a dedicated detailer to my cars until a couple of years ago. My father and my wife’s dad both passed away about the same time. The cars went to the back burner.

Now I am ready to return. Please use full or close too, product names. I am not familiar with all the new stuff. I have 3 Red Volvos and 1 Red 911 Porsche. All the paint is in good shape or fairly new. I want to invest in some new stuff if I need it. I am about out of the old stuff. I have been using Klasse AIO with the Klasse SG. I also topped it with One Grand Blitz Wax. It looked great and deep wet. The wax melts quickly here in Texas though. Without the wax the Klasse is a little flat. I would like to go to a synthetic only, that would give the deepest wet look. I have heard of the Menzerna and Black Fire. What do you guys think for a red European car?

Mike

velobard
08-03-2006, 10:23 PM
I`m fond of the Finish Kare line you can find at www.fk1usa.com They have very durable stuff, their 1000P sealant is specifically for high temps and should look great, and their Pink Wax is very durable for a `nuba and has great wetness and depth. Another line I`ve heard great stuff about is Duragloss. This is available OTC at places like Carquest. I`ve only tried their Aquawax spray wax but I`m pretty fond of it. Oh yeah, if you order anything from FK1, you have to try out their 425 quick detailer. It gets plenty of talk here, virtually all positive.

BTW, I have a dark garnet red Chrysler. Pink Wax looks great on it, but for fantastic durability and great looks try 1000P.

One last suggestion that I`m sure someone else will mention is Colinite. They have paste and liquid waxes with amazing durability, but the numbers can vary a little depending on whether they`re packaged for cars or boats. Usually you can look for 845 or (I think) 476.

TigerMike
08-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Duragloss #105 Total Performance Polish is a fanatastic synthetic. Gives a nice wet look coating, with very sharp and crisp reflections. I use it on my garnet fire (red) Infiniti and it looks very very good, plus the protection is really good. Topped with Aquawax and the combo is unbeatable for the $. Available locally too!

mikebai1990
08-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Klasse AIO is always a good choice to prep the paint surface. For clay, you can use anything from Sonus to Mother`s to Meguiars. They are all good clays to use. As for waxes, Duragloss is very nice synthetic. Klasse SG is also good, but I`ve heard it is hard to do the process properly. Collinite is an extremely durable wax, but since it`s a carnauba, I don`t know whether or not it would melt in Texas temperatures.