PDA

View Full Version : What could this be???

EMazda3S
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
I have some clear, gritty material on both side skirts of my car. I can`t for the life of me figure out what it is. It feels rough all the way down the panels.

I don`t recall driving over anything wet or even damp. I initially thought it was tar but there is nothing visible. I tired claying, used Tarminator, Xenit, 50/50 Isopropyl/H20, AIO and finally a bit of 3M compound and nothing will remove the grittiness. I just ordered TOL`s cement remover thinking it may do the trick but it is a clear substance. It extends just up a bit to the visible area of the skirt but it can only be felt, not seen. I fear using the PC because most of the area it`s on is underneath the car it will likely tear up a pad.

Anyone have any idea what it might be??? Pics are worthless, nothing would show up.

Thanks.

foxtrapper
08-03-2006, 10:01 AM
It may be a spray on protective coating. From your description of it`s location and characteristics, I suspect this is the case.

EMazda3S
08-03-2006, 10:47 AM
It may be a spray on protective coating. From your description of it`s location and characteristics, I suspect this is the case.

No, this is new. It wasn`t on the car and I`ve take meticulous care of the car. Polished to perfection from new via PC and it has multiple coats of LSP. EX-P x3 Pink Wax x2 and Aquawax x4. Washed at least once a week. QD`d after every drive in the dry and obsessed over.

Thanks anyway!