PDA

View Full Version : Will Klasse SG bond to Werkstatt Prime?

Milestones
08-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Anybody here tried SG over Werkstatt Prime?

Since the Prime Strong is supposedly like the pre-VOC AIO, I was thinking about picking up a bottle of Prime Strong to use in place of AIO for topping with SG.

Will SG bond to the Prime? Anybody have any experience with this?

Milestones
08-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Nobody`s tried SG over Prime?

EMazda3S
08-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Both are acrylic formulas. I wouldn`t think there would be any problem. I haven`t done this but I`d bet others have. Contact Jeff`s Werkstatt just to be sure but I`d call it 99.9/10ths+ a sure thing. :hifive:

Milestones
08-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks - I figured there probably wouldn`t be a problem.

However, I`ve also read that SG can be very finicky about what it will bond to - so I`d feel better if I knew of someone who has actually successfully topped Prime with SG.

awahl63
08-03-2006, 09:45 PM
It`ll be good

SVR
08-04-2006, 04:14 AM
Have done it but how do you know that it any product has bonded.

Milestones
08-04-2006, 05:53 AM
"How do you know that any product has bonded".

The same way we judge most of our car care products in this forum: circumstantial/anecdotal evidence my friend. If you get 5-6 months + of good water beading it`s a good bet the SG bonded. If the gloss, slickness and beading have all deteriorated significantly after 6 weeks, it`s a good bet there was a problem with the SG bonding fully.

You`re not going to have scientific empirical evidence of whether bonding has taken place, but it ain`t rocket science to figure out whether or not there was a major problem with bonding either.

SVR
08-07-2006, 03:45 AM
I think the rinse technique determines the beading

Water on my car just sheets away to virtually zero beads regardless of what I put on it