PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a bluetooth headset?

twopu
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
My wife and I just ordered the new LG Chocolate phones and are looking to get bluetooth headsets. I checked review online and their doesn`t seem to be a clear winner (mixed reviews). Any suggestions?

zippymbr
08-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I have a motorola, nothing but paise for that thing. My wife has a Jabra but it is not as comfortable as mine for extended use.

twopu
08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
zippymbr, what motorola model do you have? We were leaning towards the 700.

zippymbr
08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
I have this one;

http://motorola.digitalriver.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=motostor&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=35027400

medic159
08-02-2006, 03:13 PM
I have a Jabra for my phone but I tell you, after a week or so using it I got tired of always having to charge it, or forgetting to chharge it and not being able to use it. I went to the wired earpiece with the mic in the wire that came with the phone and never looked back. The phone is on your hip after all, the wire isn`t a big deal and you don`t have to worry about charging the darn thing.

Chan
08-02-2006, 04:19 PM
I have a Motorola HS850, love the thing except for the fact that I lost it! I lose it maybe twice a month damn thing.

JRdetailerwoman
08-02-2006, 06:16 PM
I have a Motorola H700. While I like the fact it is small and sits well on my ear, often people I am calling will say my voice sounds "muffled". I do, however, prefer this to a wired headset, where I feel the wire gets in the way.

:secret

Tasty
08-03-2006, 09:27 AM
I hate those things, and I hate seeing people using them. My standard line when I get around those people is, "Captain Kirk to bridge!". They look ridiculous.

2clean4u
08-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree! When I see people walking around with them like at the grocery store I cant help to think that they need to GET A LIFE!

Why not get a bluetooth handsfree system for the car. I have the one from Parrot and love it. Motorola, nokia also makes them.

Diesel1
08-03-2006, 01:23 PM
I used to think the same, but since I got one......I wouldn`t go without it. For driving it`s great as I can`t wear ear buds (Way too uncomfortable for me). This thing (Motorola H500) you forget it`s even there, sound quality both ways is great. I agree, if I was an avid phone user during the week (Take train to work no real need for headset), charging it would be a complete PITA. My only complaint is that teh voice recognition RARELY works properly. My buddy has a Motorola one too, (I forget which model he has) and his works fine.

Yeah, you kinda look stupid wearing it, but it is so comfy and you don`t have to fumble over wires when you`re running into stores and paying for things. The other plus is that all my friends seem to know when I am washing my car. They only call when I am in the middle of suds up to my arse, sun shining strong...etc etc. Now I just wear the headset and keep the phone on the stoop and I can multitask alot easier!

gnahc79
08-03-2006, 05:56 PM
My wife uses the H700 and it`s pretty good. It does have some issues with her Nokia 6620. The display would stay lit, sometimes the headset & phone won`t connect.

Make sure the headset works properly with your phone. And yes, it irks me when people walk around with the headsets around their ear when they`re not on the phone. You can`t spare those 5 seconds to take the headset out of your pocket when the phone rings? Anyways :).

topnotchtouch
08-03-2006, 06:04 PM
I have been with Sprint for more than 10 years and since upgrading my old faithful Motorola Star Tac phone to a Samsung A900 a few months ago I have also been looking for a bluetooth headset. I have a unique requirement though, it needs to work with a full face motorcycle helmet. My commute to work is an hour each way and there are times when I need to communicate with the office on the way in or at least be accessible if they need me. That is kind of hard to do on a motorcycle.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Cardo Wireless Scala Rider and am hoping the wifey will get one for me for my birthday in November :D They also sell traditional bluetooth headsets.

http://www.cardowireless.com/scala_rider/

http://www.cardowireless.com/included/images/scala_rider/sr_slideintotheclamp350x233.jpg

1. Wind-resistant microphone also works at high-speeds

2. Quick-release clamp to attach or detach headset within seconds

3. Super-slim speaker fits any helmet and adjusts volume automatically

4. Large, easy-to-reach control button

5. Volume control buttons

http://www.cardowireless.com/included/images/scala_rider/scala_riderhelmet450x147.jpg