PDA

View Full Version : Mothers FX Tire Shine

Pages : [1] 2

mikebai1990
08-01-2006, 02:41 PM
I`m still on the search for a durable and cheap tire dressing. How is Mothers FX Tire shine in terms of durability? If the durability isn`t too good, what would you guys recommend? I`ve read good stuff about Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Gel and Z-16. Appreciate the help.

Beason
08-01-2006, 03:34 PM
FX Tire shine works great and has decent durablity. Z-16 is probally the best followed by Meg Endurance. Meg can be picked up locally and is cheaper. I prefer Z-16 on my car and my higher end more in depth details because it isnt cost effective to use on everything. I use FX on everything else.

Sherman8r44
08-01-2006, 05:02 PM
I second everything Beason said. Excellent product, I use it all the time.

imported_NHBFAN
08-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Is FX water or oil based?

Pennypacker
08-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I believe you can tell by the color. FX is milky white, so I think that means it`s water-based? Not positive though.

imported_themightytimmah
08-01-2006, 10:40 PM
FX is great looking, but not the longest lasting by any stretch of the imagination. For an OTC dressing it`s hard to beat the longetivity of Meg`s Endurance, but if you`re willing to order, Top of the Line`s Grape Dressing is the *only* dressing I find worth using anymore.

96snake
08-01-2006, 11:29 PM
FX is water based. Other good otc products are Meg`s insane shine foam, Michelin tire shine, and Eagle One.

Lorne

admac
08-01-2006, 11:36 PM
i use meg`s endurance and have been impressed with its longevity. i like the look of it too as it`s not too shiny.

BigAl3
08-02-2006, 12:35 AM
mothers fx tire shine = fave tire dressing, great product! :2thumbs:

coupe
08-02-2006, 08:04 AM
i use meg`s endurance and have been impressed with its longevity. i like the look of it too as it`s not too shiny.

Are you using the no gloss endurance or the high gloss endurance?

I use the high gloss and its so shiny its like a mirror. I wont use anything else.

imported_bpfoley
08-02-2006, 12:23 PM
FX tire shine is great until the first rain, then it seems to run off the tire and you can see streaks on the tire.

So far I have found Armor All tire foam to work great, even through rain plus it is super cheap and leaves a pretty matte/satin finish

DM101
08-02-2006, 12:45 PM
This is so simple! Get MG hot shine spray or insane shine spray!!!! You just spray it on and walk away!!! Lasting shine!!

AlexRuiz
08-02-2006, 02:26 PM
FX is very good, and was my favorite non matte dressing, but by accident I tried turtle wax platinum tire shine (spray can found on clearance).

WOW. All the virtues of FX (nice smell, no sling, easy to apply) but quite more durable and a litle shinier. FX starts to fade after a wash, the TWP tire doesn`t. Another winner from the TW platinum line. I now want to try the TWP tire shine gel.

Alex

2.5RS
08-02-2006, 02:39 PM
FX is great looking, but not the longest lasting by any stretch of the imagination. For an OTC dressing it`s hard to beat the longetivity of Meg`s Endurance, but if you`re willing to order, Top of the Line`s Grape Dressing is the *only* dressing I find worth using anymore.

TOL Grape Dressing is outstanding! So much so that I just opened up a package that contained two gallons of it.... :woot2: I gave away all my other tire dressings, including my mostly full bottle of Meg`s endurance gel.

- Andrew

Geese1
08-02-2006, 09:42 PM
I`ve had a lot of good luck with Tropicare`s Silicone-Free Tire Dressing. Leaves a nice finish, that can be layered, and also seems to last an extremely long time.

However, I haven`t tried anything else yet, and since my car is just a weekend toy, take my opinion for what it`s worth! ;)

Still, since the bottle is almost out, I may have to look into some of the other products mentioned here...