PDA

View Full Version : HELP! car got egged!!

sb765t
08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
hey folks,

The `06 Altima got egged two nights ago. Sadly, it`s not the exterior of the vehicle, but *inside*. It hit the passenger side door panel, seat, and the carpet along the side of the door. I`ve gotten all the egg out, but it smells like cooked eggs in the car.

I don`t know what to do, but since it`s only got 6k miles on it, i`m kinda peeved.

Any suggestions?

I started with water, went to a citrus based cleaner, and still not the results i`m looking for. I guess i may have to saturate the areas with water to get it out...i dunno.

Thanks,

Evan Purser

Raleigh, NC

tom p.
08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Egg is BAD news inside or out. I`m going to suggest one of the enzyme based cleaners like Kids `n` Pets or FOLEX. FOLEX can be found at Lowe`s and Home Depot.

Good luck.

velobard
08-01-2006, 02:24 PM
I`d turn it into insurance for a comprehensive claim to have it professionally taken care of. This is vandalism, pure and simple. Of course, my comp deductible is only $100.

sb765t
08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
well, my deductible isn`t that low - and this was a first - by a 40yo woman, nonetheless. police report was filed, but since there was no "permanent" damage, nothing can be charged, though they`ve flagged her.

I`ll give Folex a try. Thanks,

Evan

SDLexus
08-02-2006, 02:59 AM
40 y.o. woman? We`re you the intended target or just collateral damage?

Good luck.

sb765t
08-02-2006, 03:45 PM
intended target. friday, about 9pm, in front of the fire station - with a firefighter watching. she had been drinking, obviously. but still. i was quite pissed. cops tried to nail her with something, they couldn`t. firefighter said that she causes trouble all the time. I swear, i just don`t understand some people.

Harry Houdini
08-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Thats why a rob in the trunk can always be handy out side of view :secret :spot

imported_themightytimmah
08-03-2006, 01:32 AM
For the smell, go to TopoftheLine.com , they sell a great odor bomb and also a great protein stain remover, use the two of them in conjunction and the odor should be gone for good. I`ve used this 1-2 punch on cars that made me want to puke inside, and they all came out smelling livable (most of them came out smelling new).