PDA

View Full Version : DP finish polish/Klasse AIO/SG/EX-P

emaxxman
08-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Can I use DP Final Finishing Polish under Klasse SG? It says it doesn`t contain any fillers so I`m assuming it won`t hinder adherence or durability of SG. Is that correct?

I like the DP because it`s much more economical than AIO right now.

Also, I`m still debating on which sealant to get. Originally, I wanted to go with Klasse for it`s incredible durability. But I`m leaning towards EX-P for its ability to be used in full sun.

Here are my choices that I`ve narrowed it down to:

1. Klasse AIO and SG

2. DP FFP and Klasse SG (will this have reduced durability compared to choice #1)

3. DP FFP and Poorboy`s EXP

4. Klasse AIO and EXP (this probably really isn`t a choice but I put it here anyway.)

Has anyone compared the durability of SG and EXP? If so, what did you find?

Has anyone used FFP under SG?

I settled on FFP or AIO as I want a non-abrasive polish. I`ve already got DACP and Speed Glaze for abrasives.

Bigpoppa3346
08-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes, you can do the finishing polish under SG, but just to be safe do a 50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol/Water wipe down. You might(probably) not get full durability of the SG if it is not used over AIO. EX-P has pretty crappy durability, IMO. I only get 2.5 months max out of it. SG should last for 5 or 6 months. Just to be safe I would do AIO and SG, and if you wanted to you could go FFP-AIO-SG.

emaxxman
08-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Also, I was also thinking of using Optimum`s wax over whichever sealant I use. I figured the wax could be the sacrificial layer and also be an easily rejuvenated shine coat. Would OCW remove the sealant? I didn`t see any cleaners mentioned in it so I don`t think it will but just want to make sure.

Bigpoppa3346
08-01-2006, 07:40 PM
No, OCW will not compromise the underlying layer of product.

Try Duragloss Aquawax, I have used it and it is super slick and very clear and wet.