PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Stains

pualei
08-01-2006, 10:58 AM
I just bought a brand new car on Saturday, July 20 and parked it overnight last night at a friends house, not realizing that I was parking under a walnut tree. Needlesstosay, it was a bit messy in the morning, as the squirrels must have been feasting. They left a scattered array of broken up nut husks and such. I thought I`d just wash the debris off at my local car wash, but discovered after doing so, that stains were left behind. Does anyone have any suggestions on removing these stains? There are a few dime sized greenish-yellow stains on my hood and trunk.

Thanks!

CelicaLover
08-01-2006, 11:11 AM
First suggestion, don`t go to a car wash :) do it yourself.

Second try going over them with a cleaner wax or if you have it a little clay. That might help. If not polish.

salty
08-01-2006, 01:53 PM
You could try a degreaser or solvent as the walnut shells might have deposited some oils.

zippymbr
08-01-2006, 02:04 PM
As a wookworker I can tell you that Walnut is a very oily wood with alot of sap. I would be glad to come cut that tree down for him and remove the wood for free! :) seriously The stains are fresh so they should come off with a clay and or APC rub down.

velobard
08-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Walnut is famous for leaving nasty stains. I`d give it a good wash then pull out my clay bar. Good luck.

Guy
08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
We have 21 Walnut trees on our property and they drip sap like a fine mist you can`t see. When you park close to or under them there will be little sap drops all over. They do wash off very well though. I use Meguiars gold wash.