PDA

View Full Version : #66

pwrstrk02
08-01-2006, 07:55 AM
i do details to the extent that i do not restore i just clean and protect whats already there, besides interior, (what some of you would call shabby work, but far from it). i would like to start doing (MINER) restorations i.e. light swirls and scratches and such.

as posted earlier i was recomended meg`s#66. i would be starting on my own veh. an 04 spec-v black. swirled and scratched enough to make an autopian puke but good enough to make an idiot say wow thats a slick paint job, you know the ten footer :chuckle:. i know how to use pc but i dont want to use rotary yet :nixweiss .

so anyway,

1. can this be put on with a polishing pad via pc2336

2.does anything need to go ontop on top of this

3.does anything need to go under this

4.how to use #66 in its self

5,is #66 an all in one

6.and easy on the abreviations

thanks

imported_Larry A
08-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Some people will top #66 with one of Meguiars other waxes like #26,#21, or Nxt. Lately I here that some people are topping with spray waxes like Aquawax and Optinum wax. Some people are just buffing with #66 and not topping with anything. Its up to you , and how well you want the car to look.

the other pc
08-01-2006, 10:50 AM
...1. can this be put on with a polishing pad via pc2336...Yes.

...2.does anything need to go ontop on top of this...Need? No. It`s OK by itself. But as lawrencea said, you can top it with a higher performance wax/sealant.

... 3.does anything need to go under this...No.

... 4.how to use #66 in its self...If you`re trying to remove swirls and other defect you need to work it like a cutting polish. Work it down to a thin, uniform film then let it dry and wipe it off like a wax.

... 5,is #66 an all in one...Yes.

... 6.and easy on the abreviations...OK. ;)

PC.

pwrstrk02
08-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Just got my #66 in the mail and used it today. Didnt like that its only sold in gallons for like $34. Used with PC and the pollishing pad/finnishing pad that came with it on speed 5.5. used plenty of product and used harder pressure in places to remove dog marks from where one tried to see what was in my car and they came out. This stuff is better than any other otc product that I have ever used. Made my car more black and removed a major amount of swirls. Still needs to be hit by a rotory professional :waxing: . This will be a regular product for all cars that i do from now on. Next ill try to put #21 on it. Wish i was profishent in digital photogaphy :sosad so you all could see the dif. I`ve still got a couple of q`s though

1. would a more agressive pad be ok to use?

2. is this ok to use on all cars?

3. and does everyone clean their pads after EVERY use or do you just pat the old dust out as a meg`s video says to do?

awahl63
08-06-2006, 12:28 PM
I clean my pads after every use

imported_themightytimmah
08-06-2006, 01:29 PM
1. would a more agressive pad be ok to use?

Yep, I`ve seen it used via orange pad before with satisfactory results. On a light color like white or silver, the orange pad would probably be the way to go.

2. is this ok to use on all cars?

Yep.

3. and does everyone clean their pads after EVERY use or do you just pat the old dust out as a meg`s video says to do?

I wash mine out after every use. Meg`s videos just say that because their pads never hold up to washing for some reason (Meg`s pads suck in general, IHMO).