PDA

View Full Version : New car, dealer wants to sign new paper work

dmbfaninatsx
07-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Has anyone had a dealer call them a week or so after the deal was done saying they could give a better apr? The manager of the sales women i bought the car from called me and said he could give me a better apr and sent me new paper work, all the numbers add correctly, and he said it had something to do with the fact that i put down such a large downpayment. Any advice?

imported_themightytimmah
07-31-2006, 07:33 PM
It happened to my buddy Josh, they saved him around 60 a month on payments on his new Lancer. Just make sure to read the fine print first, they call `em "stealerships" for a reason.

velobard
07-31-2006, 07:34 PM
I`d run this question by marvbear, the moderator of the car finance forum at http://www.creditboards.com/forums/

Might be fine, might be they want to include some sneaky clause, I don`t know. When I went to sign the paperwork they gave me an APR rate about 1/2% lower than what they said when I was approved, in my case it worked out fine.

Setec Astronomy
07-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah, sounds to me like they are trying to sneak in some new fine print, hoping you won`t read through it the second time. Like when the credit card companies change their rules, and print it on the back of some junk ad that comes with the bill, so you throw it out without seeing the important stuff on the other side.