PDA

View Full Version : Fumes?

BlueLibby04
07-31-2006, 05:17 PM
I like to detail my jeep in our garage so i can control temp and humidity, but sometimes the fumes get alittle to rough. There arent any vents going into the garage but since its under ground it stays really cool. It has some windows in it but if I open any of those 95 degree heat will pour in. What do you all do about this? Just take it and feel like Im on crack for the rest of the day with headaches and all? :laugh: :faint:

CelicaLover
07-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Use a fan or something? Sounds like kind of a tossup. Headaches and high or a little bit hotter.

imported_truzoom
07-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Get a large fan and stick it near a window or door so that it is sucking air out of the garage. Or, buy a HEPA unit and stick it in the corner, although I`m not sure how well HEPA will filter out odors from chemicals.

velobard
07-31-2006, 07:29 PM
What chemicals are causing you problems? Perhaps you can find a less offensive alternative?

BlueLibby04
07-31-2006, 07:58 PM
What chemicals are causing you problems? Perhaps you can find a less offensive alternative?

Its mostly DC1. DC2 and 3 are not that bad. Ill be using #7, #26 and tech wax now so they may bother me also. Ive yet to try them, still waiting on the PC to get here.

BTW, I ordered that thing on saturday night and havent gotten a tracking # yet. Will detailcity.com send me one? Or do they not do that? I ordered some pads from meguiars and they didnt send me one. I called them today to make sure they had shipped. Also called detailcity but no one answered. It was alittle after 5pm so i figure they has closed.

imported_truzoom
07-31-2006, 08:06 PM
All of those chemicals are pretty "safe to breathe", relatively speaking (I can think of many bodyshop compounds that can probably tear up the inside of your respiratory system).

If you are especially sensitive, I would recommend some nitrile gloves and a dust mask or respirator and some safety goggles. It never hurts to be safe.