PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Temp Extreme Cut... was it a good choice?

Pages : [1] 2 3

drew.haynes
07-31-2006, 03:42 PM
I wanted to replace my 3M Perfect-It II Fine Cut Rubbing Compound (39002). I needed something that would dust far less, have no harmful silica dust, be more powerful than SSR2.5 or DACP, but flexible enough that it was useful for lots of jobs, not just the most hideous.

I chose Hi-Temp Extreme Cut. I emailed Top Of The Line and they assured me that all the Hi-Temp levelers were very forgiving and that I should not worry about Extreme Cut causing damage to paint, and that I could expect it to finish down well and be very efficient.

Is all this true? Did I make a good choice? What should I expect?

imported_exclusivedetail
07-31-2006, 04:00 PM
You probably will not get a lot of discussion on this forum about Hi-temp products ,but I have been using that product for many years and it works well. Hi-temp also has a all in one product that is great

Joshua312
07-31-2006, 04:03 PM
You probably will not get a lot of discussion on this forum about Hi-temp products ,but I have been using that product for many years and it works well. Hi-temp also has a all in one product that is great

I think you will get a lot of responses so don`t worry about this ^ There are many people who are using these products now. I am going to be placing an order for Extreme Cut as well...You made a good decision in my opinion, it really sounds like a great product.

drew.haynes
07-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Good. I knew DACP would not handle everything.. so I wanted something that would tackle alot more... but not be so rough that it was limited to a very small number of jobs. I need versatility! :2thumbs:

EBPcivicsi
07-31-2006, 04:45 PM
I`ll take HT EC over anything on the market that I currently know of for serious defect removal.

It is truly a fantastic product.

If you use a rotary and deal with heavy swirls, you need EC, period.

You have made a great choice and at $27 a gallon, it is an unbelievable value.

wannafbody
07-31-2006, 05:11 PM
will it work with a RO?

drew.haynes
07-31-2006, 07:05 PM
will it work with a RO?

Yes + 10 characters

EBPcivicsi
08-01-2006, 04:36 PM
will it work with a RO?

I pretty much restrict it to use with a rotary, but one of the quarts I had (before I started buying the gallons) said that it could be used with a PC.

If DACP or 2.5 will not remove marring via PC, I use a rotary.

Joshua312
08-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Hey Drew, I was just wondering if you had a chance to use your Extreme Cut yet, I get mine today and will be using it tonight via cyclo. Just curious on your thoughts with the product. Thanks!

drew.haynes
08-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Hey. Yeah I tried it with an orange cyclo pad on some spots on my car. Made absolutely no change. Fortunately for you, I think that is not the polishes fault. Unfortunately for me, I think that indicates that some of the damage the idiot body guy left on my car will never be fixable... nice to know he even introduced scratches like that on panels I didn`t even pay him to work on.

I will try the Extreme Cut again on a vehicle that hasn`t had permanent damage introduced by a body shop.

Definately let me know your results too. It seems to finish down ok, assuming it is really cutting. I could see just following with something very mild.

Joshua312
08-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Okay, thanks for the input and sorry to hear about your car. I should have my click and brag up late tonight or early tomorrow morning. I plan on going from Extreme Cut/OP mix to Blackfire Finishing Polish if it works out good. I`ll let you know my thoughts after working with it

imported_themightytimmah
08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Yeah I don`t think there is a better cutting compound out there than HT EC. Mix it 50/50 with Optimum Polish and it tames the cut a hair while completely eliminating HT EC`s tendency to gum up. That`s my go-to on 90% of my details now.

drew.haynes
08-04-2006, 11:08 AM
I want to know if anyone has tried mixing RMG with HT EC. If not, I`m gonna be the one to do it I bet.

Brian_Brice
08-04-2006, 11:54 AM
mixed it last night with pink moose, 357 is a kick *** product that suprisingly doesnt get much ink here. thier low cut is an awesome finish as well. cant tell you how it works via pc and thier label does say it can be used via hand ro or rotary but id say its definitely geared for rotary. need that heat to get the best out of the product.

drew.haynes
08-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah I wish more people discussed Hi-Temp products around here. Seems they may have some good stuff and TOL is only a few hours from my house, so ground shipping is overnight!!