PDA

View Full Version : To all the mobile detailers

Campese
07-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Well as I was doing my one car for the week (yes weekend warrior) in the 95+ weather in my garage I thought, Thank goodness I don`t do this full-time. I had to take a shower before I returned the car. I have the luxury of taking breaks inside an air conditioned house to eat lunch ect, during a detail, but then I thought of scottwax and those who do this full-time in parking lots on black top and wondered, how in the heck do you keep from melting, or at least sweating all over the paint, and inside of the car while doing an interior?

Sure maybe you have a conopy, but man, with that black top and the humidity I wouldn`t think it helps all that much. And I`m in Ohio, I can`t imagine down south. So, how do you keep cool, and enjoy the detail?

EMazda3S
07-31-2006, 12:37 PM
I have to say that I have frequently thought of this too while I drip sweat all over my freshly washed car. We have to give credit where it`s due. Crack open a cold one and share it and don`t forget the extra gallons of Gatorade and water. Unbelievable. :2thumbs:

Envious Eric
07-31-2006, 12:47 PM
lots of water, lots of food, and turn on the cars air while inside....I do this for two reasons: 1 it aids in the drying process, and 2 it helps me stay somewhat comfortable

imported_hooked
07-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Do you all do the interior first so that you`re not all sweaty and wet when you get in the car?

Thomas Dekany
07-31-2006, 02:29 PM
i always do the interior first. What helps me the most is making my own organic vegetable juice first thing in the morning. Carrot/celery/beet/wheatgrass. I am good for the rest of the day.

Envious Eric
07-31-2006, 02:44 PM
yeah interior first....give more time to dry before the customer pick up their car!