PDA

View Full Version : It was bound to happen

Pages : [1] 2

DaleD
07-31-2006, 09:39 AM
My wife and I flew out to portland for a vacation and left our brand new (500 whole miles on it) tacoma in long term airport parking. I decided to pay for the more expensive covered parking thinking people who pay the higher price might care for their and others vehicles alittle more..Anyhoo.

We get back and I see a brand new white caddy parked next to our truck and think surely they wouldn`t even think of it.. Ya know where this is going right?

I do the quick once around and :hairpull

There it was...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/DaleD/pic1.jpg

This one just to give you the idea of the size

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/DaleD/pic2.jpg

There is a very small dent that I can live with but my ? is..

How can I safely take their fricken white paint off?

P.S. Yes I did want to key a white caddy for the first time in my life but didn`t. And yes the truck needs a bath LOL..

Thanks in advance

Thomas Dekany
07-31-2006, 09:53 AM
should be fairly easy. "clay bar" will get that off. afterwards, reapply your wax. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would have left a note for sure.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Ah man! Nothing a little polish cant remove! Just apply a dab to a foam pad and polish it out, then add a little Nuba or Polymer, give a swipe, remove and your good to go!

94BlkStang
07-31-2006, 10:00 AM
Just like Patrick said and if the dent is more than you want to live with, find out who a good paintless dent repair guy is in your area and for $50-$75 that could be taken care of and you woudn`t even know it`s there.

DaleD
07-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Ah man! Nothing a little polish cant remove! Just apply a dab to a foam pad and polish it out, then add a little Nuba or Polymer, give a swipe, remove and your good to go!

Thanks bud..

I have some PB`s SR1 & SSR 2.5 on a UPS truck for delivery today (For a very neglected 91 getta) I ordered to try and fix up alittle. SR1 probably? I am very much a newb with this but learn more everyday on this forum.

And just so you know I have

A PC 7424 (Never used) LOL

1 of Each color propel 6.5" pads

they above mentioned polishes

nattys blue

and klasse twins on the way

imported_steveo3002
07-31-2006, 10:33 AM
id have left him a size 10 foot print to remind him to be carefull next time

RAG
07-31-2006, 11:19 AM

That`s kinda my feeling...sad as it is.

velobard
07-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Airport parking lots seem to be famous for this. Sorry about your truck, I`d be pissed too.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-31-2006, 11:30 AM
My money would go to the older couple who just dont give a rats arse anyway. I see it all the time. I purposely take two spots when I park in my condo area `cuz the stalls are only 8`, if that. So two Expeditions, side by side doesnt leave much room to even open a door. So what does the guy next to me do? Parks 2` away from me, I cant even open my door without hitting his mirror.

Someone on here has a sig "Expect the unexpected and you`ll never be dissapointed".....well said.

imported_hooked
07-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your first ding!

Down in S. Florida that is OldFolksville. I don`t think it`s a matter of not caring about hitting other cars, it`s more a matter of they`re not even aware they hit something!

I was walking into the mall the other day and this lady pulls into a spot and rams into the car parked in the spot in front of her! It was a low speed collision, but I could see both cars jump. I fear for my car in public :nervous2:

94BlkStang
07-31-2006, 12:11 PM

Problem with that, maybe it was a different white car that was parked there previously. Also, it was very minor and some parking structures are very tight. I hate door dings as much as the next guy myself, but they happen unfortunately. From what started off as a probable accident, you`re now condoning malicious behavior on a party that hasn`t been proven guilty of anything.

Tasty
07-31-2006, 01:18 PM
It has to be said: Assholes!! People that deliver door dings to others are just jerks.

sneek
07-31-2006, 01:21 PM
a little bit of DC1 will remove that pretty quicklky

BigAl3
07-31-2006, 01:23 PM
scratchx and a little elbow grease...

velobard
07-31-2006, 01:37 PM
For some reason, this thread reminds me of one I read awhile back on another forum.

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying I condone what I`m posting here, but I kinda do see where his frustration comes from. After all, we`ve all seen people abuse handicapped spots and it`s a HUGE irritation for folks that really need `em. I sometimes visit a site for folks with spinal cord injuries. One guy there is a quad who drives a van with a ramp out the side door, so he needs one of the handicapped spots with open space beside it. Admittedly, this guy isn`t exactly known as a meek person, obviously.

i had just pulled into a hc spot with a very wide loading zone when an able bodied barely senior pulled in the loadingzone and parked. when he got out i politely explained to him his error. he said he had a placard and could park wherever he wants. what did i do? i unfolded my ramp into his new cadillac. he opted not to call the cops when i reminded him of the steep fines for parking in a hc loading zone. road rage rules!

Ouch!!!