PDA

View Full Version : Help! leather seats in the rain...

Far972B
07-31-2006, 05:59 AM
To make a long story short, I fell asleep on my couch while a "sun shower" came through and gave a good soaking to the inside of my Boxster which of course was left with the top down :( About 10 minutes of light rain....

I immediately dried things off the best I could and put the top up.

I didn`t think much of it the next day, the leather was dry (so I thought), so I put the top down and took it for a ride on a wonderful sunny 80 degree day. After getting back I gave my baby a nice 4 hour detail job, then I moved to the interior to see that the the leather had started drying out, hardening, and puckering in spots. :(

Here is where I started freaking out, and cursing myself for being such a tool. The only stuff I had on hand at this point was some Zymol leather conditioner which I soaked into the leather the best I could, leaving the excess on hoping it would soak in...

Well, the leather is softening up a bit, but it is still a bit "tough" in spots, and I have puckering on the drivers headrest. Does anyone have any advice for recovering from this?

TIA,

Mike

PS. First post here, wonderful information and people. I used to work in a detail shop when I was younger and have always been a bit fanatical about keeping my cars clean. However I`ve always been a "hand guy", but after reading about all the success with the PC machines, I think I will take the plunge!

LucasZCPM3
07-31-2006, 06:26 AM
First :welcome Sorry to hear about your boxster, we all make mistakes. Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil is going to be your best bet. Let it soak into leather in the sun all day. Best of luck.