PDA

View Full Version : Help me tackle my 2005 Honda Accord!

dandydaniel
07-30-2006, 06:06 PM
I understand there might by other topics covering this information, but i`m a perfectionist and I really want specific details according to the condition that my car is currently in. I just went out and purchased a PC 7336. I don`t know what the difference is between the 7336 and 7424 but I bought the 7336 because it was all my local Lowes had and because of the fact i`ve noticed many people using it on here as well. My car was purchased last November 22nd 2005. Its a 2005 model and it came in the color of Graphite Grey Pearl. I`ve washed the car weekly with either Meguiars Gold Class or Black Magic: Wet Shine car wash. I only started using the two bucket method about two months ago. Basically, i`m asking for an entire product list (including pads, backing plate, microfiber towels, and counterweight?) under the budget of $100-$125. I currently have in my arsenal: NXT Tech Wax Paste, Meguiars 3 step cleaner/polish/wax, Mothers QD, and Mother Cleaner Caranuba (sp) Wax. There are holograms all over the car and they are shown in the pictures I will provide right here. I`d appreciate any and all help and even if you don`t help, thanks for reading my post ;).

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3198/img2699hk6.jpg

this is the hood

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/922/img2702ux8.jpg

this is the trunk

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/8739/imgvs8.jpg

here is the hood again with the holograms

Thanks for all the help.

tlak
07-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Get yourself set of Sonus SFX Polishing Pads, you don`t need counterweight the one that comes with PC should work. I like Mothers PowerPolish which works very well with the SFX pads. Megs 3 step process will not remove much, but I use step 1 after I clay (Mothers clay with Mothers QD) my accord before polishing it. Sonus SFX series has polish too, which worked very nice for me. Personally I like Sonus products. Elite Microfiber Towel and Waffle Weave Towel from microfibertech.com are really nice and very affordable – I use them for everything. Wax is personal preference it depends what you want from it, do search for recommendations. Honda paint is very soft you should have not any problems with removing holograms, downside is it chips a lot

dandydaniel
07-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah. I got plenty of rock chips on the front end of my hood. I`ve heard a lot about the SSR1-3 products. If anyone can break down what these specific products are? I`ve heard of polishes, waxes, and sealants. I`m assuming this would be my step if I were to purchase SSR2.5 and AIO and P21s?

Wash with dishsoap, dry, clay, wash, dry, medium cut pad with SSR2.5, polishing pad with AIO, and then polishing pad again with P21s (or will my NXT Tech paste do?)? That is my general understanding of what I would have to do with my PC. Are there any other steps? Maybe a second pass with a lighter cutting pad with a less abrasive compound rather than the SSR2.5? Also, what are the ups and downs with the Optimum series? I`ve also read numerous stories where people use the OC and OP as well. And correct me if I am wrong, I DO need a backing plate for my 7336 correct? Sorry for so many questions. I`m dying to get my car looking good but just lack the knowledge as of now.

dandydaniel
07-30-2006, 08:05 PM
So after doing some research on my own, I came up with a "product list" to maybe tackle my defects. Not sure what I would rate my swirling but here it goes anyways.

1) Wash with Dawn Dishsoap and dry accordingly

2) Clay with ClayMagic

3) Wash with dishsoap again? Or do I move on and wash with my Meguiars GC?

4) Propel Green Pad with Meguiars #83 (what speeds should I run this at?)

5) Propel P2 Blue Pad with Meguiars #80

6) Propel Gray Pad with a polish here? wax here?

7) Propel Gray Pad with Natty`s Blue

8) Propel Gray Pad with PB EX-P

Those are the steps that I have in my head as of now. Not sure if I should go with the Meguiars #83 + #80 or the SSR2.5, SSR1, Natty`s Blue, then PB EX-P. If anyone has any information on whether or not I should go with the Meguiars lineup or the Poorboy`s lineup, feel free to comment. Also, does the 5" Backing plate also fit the 7336?

dandydaniel
07-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I`m not sure if this would be good but I`m leaning towards the SSR combo, and I was thinking that this should be the order? : SSR2.5 on Green Pad > PB Blue Polish with Carnauba on Blue Pad > Natty`s Blue on Gray Pad > PB EX-P on Gray Pad ... how does that sound?

BMWWW
07-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I believe that you should be sealing with EX-P, and then the carnauba topper- Natty Blue.

The Optimum lineup is a very versatile line, and can be mixed amongst eachother.

dandydaniel
07-30-2006, 09:48 PM
anyone else have any suggestions? can someone also clarify the whole process of layering things? ie swirl remover, polish, sealant, waxes

Deviant
07-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Scratch out the Dawn. Using a good quality car wash is better. And since you`ll be claying, the clay will remove any surface contaminents/wax off of your paint. Once your finished claying, you can proceed directly to the swirl removal process.

I don`t know if the green pad will take out those holograms. If it does great, but if not you may have to step up to a more aggressive pad like an orange or equivalent. Run the PC at speed 5 - 6.

I don`t have any experiance w/ megs so can`t tell you how they will perform.

Ex-P first then use the carnauba.

Gray pads should only be used for applying LSP`s as sealants or waxes.

dandydaniel
07-31-2006, 12:25 AM
So I should apply the EX-P and the Natty`s with a gray pad or a green pad?

bjackson8
07-31-2006, 07:54 AM
I`m not sure if this would be good but I`m leaning towards the SSR combo, and I was thinking that this should be the order? : SSR2.5 on Green Pad > PB Blue Polish with Carnauba on Blue Pad > Natty`s Blue on Gray Pad > PB EX-P on Gray Pad ... how does that sound?

Dandydaniel,

There are alot of good polishes, I personally like the SSR`s and have had good luck with them.

I have the same color Accord, and the combination that I have been most satisfied with is EX-P topped with Collinite 845. Looks good and very good durability.