PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use a pressure washer?

jw
07-30-2006, 04:18 PM
I saw my neighbor using a pressure washer yesterday. Is there reason to use one of these instead of just using the hose? Is there any chance of this damaging my car?

jdhutchin
07-30-2006, 05:10 PM
I used to have a pressure washer, but I haven`t used it in a while. It`s not needed to get the dirt off of the car- gentler means will do (foam gun, mitt, hose, etc). With the pressure washer, you are blasting the dirt *into* the paint- not a good thing if you`re trying to avoid marring the car.

If you put the spray too thin, sure, it`d take the paint off, but you`re probably not going to try that. If you`re just using it normally, you won`t take any paint off (probably).

AL-53
07-30-2006, 05:23 PM
I have a pressure washer and I bought the foam gun attachment....I use the foam on the body panels and the medium pressure nozzle to wash the undercarriage of the truck...works out great....the foam wand works better than the foam gun..really puts out thick wet foam...or light foam which ever way you adjust the feed and air mixture...

nice on wheels and tires and wheel wells...and truck beds...car matts...

Al

imported_chpsk8
07-30-2006, 05:29 PM
I use one when my truck gets really nasty. Good for washing out the box also. Otherwise I use a Foam Gun instead. Gentler can be better.

davekt
07-31-2006, 12:04 AM
I use one manly because they use less water than just a hose.

cheers Dave