PDA

View Full Version : Carpet stain - crusted, old, and impossible!

cyntaxx
07-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Ladies and gents,

This is my first post on this forum so be gentle. I attempted a search but came up short on the specifics.

I recently purchased a 2002 Mercedes G500 in Brilliant Silver. It only has 33k miles on it and was an off-lease vehicle. I took delivery of her this past weekend and noticed a stain on the rear carpet right behind the center console today. It`s not big and hardly noticeable, but it bugs the crap out of me!

The boo boo in question is pretty crusted and impossible to remove from the black carpet. If I had to take a stab at it, I would say it`s probably a coffee/capuccino (lots of cream) stain with at least a few years on it.

What is the best product to use it on this? I don`t want to discolor the carpet, so I`m afraid to use something too industrial and wanted your opinions.

Thanks!

Charles

imported_truzoom
07-30-2006, 03:53 PM
I`d probably try to give it a presoak with some warm to hot water to soften it up, then some Folex sprayed and blotted until it disappears.

If not that, then you can try renting a steam cleaning machine to really break down the stain.

imported_themightytimmah
07-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Nice ride, if it`s coffee based you better hope its caffinated (decaf coffee has an artificial dye which is hard to get out, caffinated coffee is naturally dyed and comes out like butter). Use a towel soaked in hot water, or preferably a bissell little green or equivalent hot water cleaner. Spray with Folex first, let it sit for 10 minutes, then use the hot towel to blow it out or the LGCM to spray hot water down and suck it out.

cyntaxx
07-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Can I buy Folex at an Autozone/Pepboys/Advanced Auto-type place? I will give it another shot tomorrow and soak it in warm water. I was afraid to do that because I didn`t want to cause mold underneath the carpet. Am I being paranoid there?

Juztang
07-30-2006, 06:04 PM
I found Folex at Lowe`s. I think Walmart carries it too.

imported_truzoom
07-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Can I buy Folex at an Autozone/Pepboys/Advanced Auto-type place? I will give it another shot tomorrow and soak it in warm water. I was afraid to do that because I didn`t want to cause mold underneath the carpet. Am I being paranoid there?

Target.

For the mold, I think you would be safe as long as you really blotted it dry well and let it air dry.