PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Shine Kit

rmedocm3
07-30-2006, 12:53 AM
First, I just wanted to say hi. I know it`s been said many times before...this site is an absolute cornucopia of car detailing information. For the newbie it seem overwhelming. I`ve spent the better part of 3 hours reading, searching, and contemplating how I would start detailing my own car.

I caved in and bought some products online

Sonus Perfect Shine Kit

Sonus Perfect Interior Kit

Klasse SG

Here is my plan

wash with Sonus Car Shampoo

clay with Sonus Ultra Fine Clay along with Sonus Clay Lubricant

apply Klasse AIO by hand

apply 3 coats of Klasse SG by hand over the next 3 weeks

apply a final coat of P21S wax on week 4 after a wash

Here are my questions

Is it necessary to wash the car in between applying AIO and SG?

Is it necessary to wash the car in between SG and P21S?

Does P21S bond well to Klasse SG?

I have a new car free of swirls, scratches, and oxidation is it necessary to use polishing products prior to using Klasse AIO? I only have extremely small brown spots etched into the point which I don`t seem to come out with a simple hand wash. Will these spots come out with the use of Klasse AIO or will I need to polish beforehand?

Will this regimen give me a deep wet look?

Setec Astronomy
07-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Welcome! Sounds like a good plan. You don`t need to wash between AIO & SG or P21S (assuming the car is clean; if you are just going from one product to the other it will be clean). P21S bonds fine to SG, that`s what makes it the "Perfect Shine", with a deep wet look. If you have no swirls, hopefully the claying will remove the brown spots, if not the AIO should remove them...but it`s hard to tell what they really are from your description.