PDA

View Full Version : Applying and removing polish/sealant

civic04
07-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi,

I am still pretty new to this, I have a PC 7336 and I have used it only once so far with a pretty good results.

I just wanted some advice on procedure mainly with removing the product. Im currently applying Menzerna FPII with the the PC with the white LC pad and removing with a micro fibre buffing cloth and then applying Four Star UPP with the black LC pad and removing with another micro fibre buffing cloth.

Now is my procedure ideal in terms of applying and removing product?? would I be better off removing product with a buffing bonnet using the PC? or stick with a microfiber buffing cloth? if so does anyone have recomendations on which to purchase (current ones need replacing anyway)

Also, is it better to apply the Four Star UPP sealant by hand to apply thinner? i was told to use the yellow application pads, is this better than PC application with the black LC pads? and again is it better to remove the product by hand with the micro fiber cloth or via PC and a buffing bonnet.

Any advice would be appreciated!

imported_Denzil
07-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Your methods seem good. I use the black Propel pad when I apply UPP, let it cure, then wipe it off with a really nice microfiber towel. I use the Elite Polshing towel from Excel Detail.

civic04
07-30-2006, 03:45 PM
so no one really uses a buffing bonnet on their PC?

Also, how long should I leave UPP on before removing? and is one layer good? is the black LC pad ok for layering?