PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Wolfgang Cut Pads

RogueM3
07-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Wolfgang yellow cut pads? I used mine for the first time yesterday, and although the cut of the pad was great, it sure did throw lots of little foam bits around. It was as if the pad was coming apart...tiny spec by tiny spec.

Im wondering if this was a first time usage thing (perhaps I should have washed it first?) or if its a defective pad, or if its normal for these pads to do this?

I will say that I have never had my orange cut pads, nor my white polishing pads do this until the very end of their lives...right before I retired them.

Thanks in advance.

Campese
07-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I have been using the yellow for awhile, and I just bought my second one last week. Before that I used the one for maybe 10 cars, cleaning it with a brush halfway through, and it is still good, but I just like having a fresh one ready. Even now it still doesn`t do that nor has it ever so it may be a defecetive pad. I have had no problems. Maybe give them a call.

D Tailor
07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
I really like them. I`ve had some trouble with the backing coming unglued, but AG replace them no questions asked.

RogueM3
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Hmm...I wonder if AutoGeek would warranty these pads for flaking.. :nixweiss Ill have to wait until I return from vacation to look into it....but its pretty irritating to have to deal with. I think I will stick with LC pads in the future.. :o

D Tailor
08-01-2006, 02:13 PM
^ Aren`t the WG pads made by LC?

RogueM3
08-01-2006, 02:18 PM
^ Aren`t the WG pads made by LC?

I didnt think so....The LC pads I have received in the past were different than the pads I received from AG...but they might be the same now....

Dirt_Turbo
02-07-2009, 04:27 AM
sorry to bring an old thread back to life

ive got some questions

i was wondering , ive got a yellow wolf gang cut pad , and some prima swirl , im wanting to get a half decent finish , do i need to follow with anther pad , ive only got this yellow pad and a really soft black waffle foam

also how much bite do these yellow pads have , such as could it remove real bad swirls with prima swirl ?